Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Help needed struggling  (Read 1860 times)

Rhinoslass

Help needed struggling
« on: December 19, 2022, 06:19:42 PM »

Hi ladies hope some one can help me please.
Long story I will make it short as possible. 58 yrs old.
No period for 10 yrs due to marina coil been in. 2 yrs ago started menapause. Used kilovance didn't agree with me.
Went on patches evorel 25mg 50 mg now 75mg.
Doc said changes in vulva had some burning in vagina so been on vagifem 2 wkly. Ovestin for outer area.
Dermovate ointment give cause of some redness said if not settled after Xmas they will see about biopsy.
No libido wash with clear water use yes vm. I feel so irritated my skin burns on my bum and the entrance of my vagina feels as thou its burning.  Legs feel burning. Can this be due to low estrogen does anyone know. Difficult to sit down as I have lost plumpness and feel very flat. There saying vestibule vulvodynia I just not got a clue what's happening to me.
I have had horrible thoughts.
Can they do blood tests for all this.
And my pubic area throbs.
Thankyou for reading everyone x

Flossieteacake

Re: Help needed struggling
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2022, 07:16:15 PM »

I remember you and I am sorry you are in so much pain. With washing in just water you are actually drying out your skin. I was doing this until a menopause DR explained to me that this is very drying. She said to apply an emollient, wash it off in the shower and then reapply some more to act as a barrier.

With the vaigifem you can use this every day internally and the ovestin every day on the outer area. Perhaps the extra vagifem will help a little.

When you say you have had horrible thoughts are you thinking of harming yourself? Please please talk about things. You never need to keep this all in and you are not alone.

I remember them telling you it could be vestibule vulvodynia but not seeming to know what they can do for you. It is most unfair not to have given you some help with this. Have you checked if there are any forums or groups for this condition?

Rhinoslass

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2022, 08:03:52 PM »

Yes I have. Was washing with dermol 500 I thought that was irrittating me. I am so down at the moment. Ache all over that's why I was wondering if it's low estrogen

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2022, 08:07:13 PM »

It could be low oestrogen. Could you increase your 75 just slightly to see how you feel?

I really am sorry you are having such thoughts. Have you told anybody about them?

discogirl

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2022, 08:12:17 PM »

i just wanted to say that your in my thoughts and im so very sorry you're having such a tough time right now xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2022, 08:16:52 PM »

Hi!  Hormones!   If you decide to increase your dose, don't do it all at once, i.e. add extra one night then leave for 2 to see how the body reacts.  It may take a while for any uptake; if you feel OK, on night 3 mayB up the dose again.

VA treatment can be used every night, occasionally with an additional dose in the afternoon.  When I feel the need2P I take 2 Nurofen 3 times a day to relax the muscles.

This too will pass.  Trial and Error can be so tiring.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2022, 08:21:14 PM »

Rhinolass, I sent you a PM with some links you may find helpful. Feel free to ignore the PM if you would prefer. :)

Ecl

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2022, 10:59:52 PM »

Hi Rhinoslass,
So sorry to hear about your pain, I understand how it’s giving you these horrible thoughts. I don’t know much about vulvodynia, but I am just coming through an episode of VA which really has affected how I live my life. The main medical thing that has helped is using ovestin every day. It has been two months, but I can now seethe light at the end of the tunnel. I was already on vagifem 3x a week when this bout started, sodotake your vagifem and ovestin more. I told my GP when I couldn’t reduce the dose and she was fine about me using it daily on a repeat, she also suggested increasing my everol from 50 to 75 which I am doing gradually. Again I would consider this if you can. Please speak to your nurse or GP about how you feel, and take any help they can give you, but please also know that we are also here if you need us.

Katherine

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2022, 09:18:25 AM »

Hi, I just read your post and just want to say I’m thinking of you, the other ladies advice looks really good, we are here for you. Xxx

Ayesha

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2022, 10:25:24 AM »

To me reading your post you are suffering from extreme and chronic Vaginal Atrophy and you need treatment every day for this. Vagifem internally, Ovestin topically and moisturiser.  Two a week vagifem is never going to make any difference to your condition, it has to be every day.

While you wait for the medics to make their minds up what you are suffering from down below, I really would stop messing about with this condition and throw everything you have at it because if it is VA, it can take months for the treatment to work.

Keep us updated on how things are going, most of us on here have suffered the same! 

Peanut31

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2022, 04:33:59 PM »

Hi

I agree with Ayesha

I’ve been suffering terrible with vaginal atrophy, not realising it was this.

I’ve had scans, put on antibiotics, urine samples, etc etc, with no relief to my symptoms.

It wasn’t until the lovely people on here advised me to try Ovestin or vagifem, that it is now finally helping me.

I’m also using Yes moisturiser too which helps and carry a small tube in my handbag.

I’m still on my daily dosage of vagifem, and will see how it works out once I’ve gone to three time a week, but if it doesn’t I will increase it again.

Best wishes & take care.
Peanut31

Rhinoslass

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2022, 07:46:10 PM »

Thank you everyone it is hard don't know if I am coming or going with all this. Been going on to long now have app Thurs at doc. Prob it I have pain in my pubic region as well.
Sorry flossietecake I don't know were the pm is xxxx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2022, 07:47:47 PM »

Thank you everyone it is hard don't know if I am coming or going with all this. Been going on to long now have app Thurs at doc. Prob it I have pain in my pubic region as well.
Sorry flossietecake I don't know were the pm is xxxx
On the top of the screen it says my messages. It will be in there. :)

Rhinoslass

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2022, 09:40:09 PM »

Thank you will read up on it much love xx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2022, 10:31:51 PM »

Thank you will read up on it much love xx

Please try the suggestions members have given. Daily vagifem and ovestin will help a lot.
Pages: [1] 2