Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Is there a supply problem with utrogestan  (Read 2941 times)

Dandelion

Is there a supply problem with utrogestan
« on: December 19, 2022, 10:53:51 AM »

Hello.
I like to have a little hrt extra, as well as my prescription.
Call me neurotic, I am, I do this because of the supply issues.
I tried to order a box from Superdrug and they said "Unfortunately, due to a manufacturing issue estradot and utrogestan is currently out of stock... "
This would not normally be a problem, but as I am dependent on valium and both utrogestan and valium act on GABA, to suddenly come off it would be life threatening, as it would put me in sever withdrawal.
Ladies dependent on valium, changing progestins also has bad results.

Dandelion

Dotty

Re: Is there a supply problem with utrogestan
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2022, 12:31:02 PM »

Hi Dandelion…I believe there was a problem with supply of Utrogestan but it should have been solved x

Furyan

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2023, 07:37:21 PM »

Hi - I don’t give much care for the ‘official’ lines but rather for what’s happening on the ground as it were. Deciding to return to Utrogestan after many months of trail and error of other HRT regimes, I was dismayed (in Jan 2023) to hear from several pharmacies that there is a “manufacturing issue” with Utrogestan. What IS it with this country? There’s clearly a disparity between what is said officially and what actually is the case and I don’ t know why this is (ladies on Mumsnet have similar observations recently with Utrogestan). Baffling not to mention frustrating!!! I only pray this is resolved ASAP because life is pretty disabling without HRT supplies!  :-\

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2023, 08:18:34 PM »

Supplies should have been getting through to wholesalers at the end of last week.

melrose

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2023, 08:29:36 PM »

I have been trying for 3 weeks to get estradot, my pharmacy only managed to get 1 box and said it was on restricted delivery, still waiting to see if they can get the other 2 boxes I am due, it's an absolute nightmare, I was supposed to be on femseven but the pharmacy said they can't get that one at all !!

Teresa

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2023, 04:27:15 PM »

I have just been told I can’t get my repeat of Utrogestan - and found this thread that was started a couple of weeks or so ago. Luckily I have about 3 weeks left, but am worried. Pharmacy has kept hold of my prescription and advised going back in a couple of weeks. I too read on the Besins Health care site that supplies should have been with wholesalers last week. I’ve written to Besins today, asking if there is still a delay.
Is anyone else still experiencing difficulty?
I might be paranoid but I always feel my pharmacy doesn’t regard this as ‘medication’ as such and always shrugs his shoulders a bit when this happens, as if ‘I’ll get by’ without it.  >:(

discogirl

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2023, 04:56:16 PM »

there were issues but as dotty said besins have indicated supplies are getting through to wholesalers now.

i think they said from 12th to 13th jan they started getting supplies through x

Dotty

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2023, 05:19:59 PM »

I got my Utrogestan yesterday  with no problems.

Teresa

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2023, 05:31:46 PM »

Hi DiscoGirl and Dotty,
Thanks for coming back. I read that on the Besins site as well… My pharmacy says there’s still issues today though  ??? This isn’t the first time I’ve had problems at my Pharmacy, which is why I’m always wary.
Though it’s interesting Dotty that you have managed to get yours.
Please can I ask which part of the UK you are in? I’m in the South East…
Thankyou both,

Teresa
« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 05:36:34 PM by Teresa »

discogirl

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2023, 06:13:14 PM »

Hi Teresa,

I managed to get my utro however I had to go to another town to get them.

I live on the North East coast x

Teresa

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2023, 07:17:15 PM »

Hi DiscoGirl and Dotty,

Thankyou both…I don’t even know if location makes a difference….I’m just getting fed up with it all  ???…every time I go to my Chemist there always seems some delay or problem with my HRT. I did think supply issues were all sorted out and it seems they are in your areas. Yes, you’re right, I think I will ring round.

Thankyou

Teresa
x

discogirl

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2023, 08:23:43 PM »

well my local chemist didnt have them in i had to travel to another nearby town and get it dispensed at a totally different chemist x

Furyan

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2023, 08:21:16 PM »

I went back to my pharmacy this week who told me that there is still a “manufacturing shortage” despite the BMS and other forums saying there isn’t. Begs the question of what is truth? Like some of you here, it’s bad enough spending months on end with horrible side effects and the minefield of titrating your optimal HRT dosage - only to have problems getting your hands on the blummin meds in the first place!

Ok, moan and frustration aside - I really hope there is some clarity and consistency around this very soon! Keep determined and positive all X

Dandelion

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2023, 12:15:40 AM »

Hi - I don’t give much care for the ‘official’ lines but rather for what’s happening on the ground as it were. Deciding to return to Utrogestan after many months of trail and error of other HRT regimes, I was dismayed (in Jan 2023) to hear from several pharmacies that there is a “manufacturing issue” with Utrogestan. What IS it with this country? There’s clearly a disparity between what is said officially and what actually is the case and I don’ t know why this is (ladies on Mumsnet have similar observations recently with Utrogestan). Baffling not to mention frustrating!!! I only pray this is resolved ASAP because life is pretty disabling without HRT supplies!  :-\
Hang on, I thought I was just being paranoid, because, there were supply issues with oestrogen.
If there are supply issues with utrogestan then that is literally life-threatening for me, see my first post.

Changing progesterone is not an option for me. I did see the other website and I hoped that they were just panicking.
Pages: [1] 2