Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Perimenopause and stomach aches  (Read 531 times)

Bex

• First Flush
Perimenopause and stomach aches
« on: December 19, 2022, 01:00:02 PM »

Good afternoon, I am new to the forum but this looks an amazing place to share experiences.
I am 50 and perimenopausal, for about 4 years. Pre HRT I had anxiety, dry skin, brain fog, fatigue, irregular cycles (120 days) stomach issues, low libido. I started on Evorel 25mg patches and Utrogestan 100mg for about 5 months, with 2 bleeds. I was changed to Evorel Sequi 50mg as felt very nauseous taking the oral utrogestan. I noticed that I had more stomach aches on this HRT regime, gripey sort of pain. I also did not have a bleed. The nurse practitioner when I spoke with her advised me to stop the patches and wait 4-6 weeks to see if things settle, then look in to blood tests etc. I know one of the side effects of the patches is stomach pain but wondered if others had the same issues. I think my anxiety is making the stomach feel worse. There are no other digestive issues. Many thanks

Flossieteacake

Re: Perimenopause and stomach aches
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2022, 01:14:27 PM »

Hello Bex and welcome to the forum. Anxiety and stress really does cause stomach aches. Would you consider anxiety medication along with the HRT? Sometimes that can be enough to take the edge of the anxiety.

Bex

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2022, 01:20:42 PM »

Tbh that was never given as an option, so absolutely worth asking about, thank you x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2022, 01:23:48 PM »

Tbh that was never given as an option, so absolutely worth asking about, thank you x

You are most welcome. :)