Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Awake 3hrs after taking hrt again  (Read 811 times)

Hopeful2

Awake 3hrs after taking hrt again
« on: December 16, 2022, 03:44:17 AM »

Hi ladies.

Another bad night again. Awake 3 hrs after taking oestrogel/utrogestan day 1.  Am waking 3/4 hours after taking hrt and going to bed. I wake with terrible nightmare, headache, palpitations and hot and panicky feeling. Am wide awake now will be exhausted tomorrow. Feel like going to dr again but they don't know about HRT. My bones are all really sore at moment too so fed up.

Bandango42

Re: Awake 3hrs after taking hrt again
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2022, 06:34:36 AM »

Hi Hopeful2

Sorry to hear you're not sleeping well. Was this happening before you started hrt? It may be that you need to allow time for the hrt to start working, it definitely wasn't a quick fix for me and I was suffering just as you are. It took a few weeks for my sleep to improve once started. Sorry I couldn't be more help but you are definitely not alone x

Hopeful2

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2022, 07:59:24 AM »

Thank you for your reply Bandango42.

I'm on my 4th month taking it. When I restart my utrogestan first 4 days seem to be the worst. I'm exhausted now and scared about taking it tonight.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2022, 09:08:11 AM »

Aww Hopeful I am so sorry to hear you have had such a bad night. I know you are really struggling with HRT. I do not have any advice but just wanted to say I am thinking of you and so sorry things are so tough.

Dierdre

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2022, 09:37:54 AM »

Could you take it in the morning?

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2022, 09:44:29 AM »

Can you definitely pin it on the utrogeston? For most people it improves sleep but it makes mine much worse. Might be worth a try vaginally if you don't already though I use it this way and it's still bad, or try taking in the morning or something different.

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2022, 02:32:08 PM »

What time do you take oestrogel? Could you think about swapping to patches as it may deliver a more steady dose for you?