Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Help. Bleed for long time after stopping continuous Utrogestan  (Read 671 times)

Larkspur12

Help. Bleed for long time after stopping continuous Utrogestan
« on: December 16, 2022, 08:19:05 AM »

Could anybody offer some insight? I have been on to 2mg of sandrena gel and cyclical utrogestan for around three years now.

Everything seemed fine, but recently started to get quite heavy withdrawal bleeds which will drain me completely.

I spoke to my doctor, who is very supportive, about trying continuous Utrogestan. This controled the bleeds, however, I after around a month of continuous I started to feel the effects of the progesterone. Feeling very low, tired, tearful, classic progesterone, intolerant symptoms, which I have had before. I stopped taking the utrogestan, and had a withdrawal bleed as I expected, however, the bleed hasn’t stopped.

It’s now been three weeks.

I just wondered has anybody else had any experience of this and how long does it take that lead to stop?
I’ve started to get myself in a tiz, imagining all sorts.

Any advice?

Stella2

Re: Help. Bleed for long time after stopping continuous Utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2022, 09:11:40 AM »

Hi Larkspur,
It must be so exhausting for you. I think that the bleed might be due to stopping progesterone. It would be good to speak to your GP again, there are different progesterones or mirena coil that you might be able to replace Utrogestan with.

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2022, 09:53:41 AM »

I would see your gp too, she may send you for a scan to see if there's a cause for it. The lining may have built up or perhaps you have fibroids or polyps.

Larkspur12

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2022, 06:29:55 PM »

Thanks both for your reply.
I had a blood test to check estrogen level ( the first since covid)
Turns out my estrogen levels are too high should be between 300- 600 and mine was 1300!!
All other bloods were good. So my dose has now been halved in order to get the levels down. Dr thinks the heavy bleeding is because my levels are high.
A scan has also been booked to check the lining. 🤞 that all comes back ok. X

Stella2

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2022, 06:41:30 AM »

I am glad to hear that your dose has now been halved. It will good to have a scan,  I just had one due to a bleeding and it was fine x