Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Missed period and a decrease in vaginal discharge  (Read 1121 times)

Curlygirl

Missed period and a decrease in vaginal discharge
« on: December 16, 2022, 12:10:14 PM »

Hello ladies

Has anyone found that when you miss a period, you get a significant decrease in vaginal discharge? I’m assuming this is all to do with hormone levels. Also, things don’t look as plumped up as they do in months when a period appears.

Nobody prepares you for these things and when they happen they can be scary

This is happening to me this month after a very strange period last month

I’m not on HRT

Oh the joys

Have a good weekend ladies ❤️
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 12:13:44 PM by Curlygirl »

Flossieteacake

Re: Missed period and a decrease in vaginal discharge
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2022, 01:01:15 PM »

That does sound hormonal to me. I find missing just one day of Ovestin and I look less plumped up down there. I can understand you feeling scared. It is not nice having to deal with all this. In peri periods are erratic so I hope that reassures you a little.

Curlygirl

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2022, 01:13:32 PM »

That does sound hormonal to me. I find missing just one day of Ovestin and I look less plumped up down there. I can understand you feeling scared. It is not nice having to deal with all this. In peri periods are erratic so I hope that reassures you a little.

Thanks Flossie once again❤️

I don’t feel dry down there at the moment, just have less discharge than I normally would.

At what point did you fee you needed the Ovestin? Did you start it before things got too bad? Xx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2022, 01:20:49 PM »

I don’t feel dry down there at the moment, just have less discharge than I normally would.

At what point did you fee you needed the Ovestin? Did you start it before things got too bad? Xx

Sadly I left it late. I was having pain and constant UTI symptoms. I assumed I was not dry as I had a watery discharge and did not realise that was a VA symptom. I wish I used Ovestin earlier but I did not know about it. I think it would help you to use it now just to ensure your symptoms do not get worse.

Curlygirl

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2022, 01:25:47 PM »

Sadly I left it late. I was having pain and constant UTI symptoms. I assumed I was not dry as I had a watery discharge and did not realise that was a VA symptom. I wish I used Ovestin earlier but I did not know about it. I think it would help you to use it now just to ensure your symptoms do not get worse.

Thanks Flossie❤️

What’s the difference between Ovestin and Vagifem?

A friend of mine ordered Ovestin from Superdrug online without speaking with her GP

How do you know which one you need? Or is it try it and see

My next GP appointment isn’t until 10th Jan 🫤

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2022, 01:43:58 PM »

Thanks Flossie❤️

A friend of mine ordered Ovestin from Superdrug online without speaking with her GP

Ovestin is a cream and Vagifem is a pessary. It is a matter of trying to see which suits but you can also use both. Many find inserting vagifem and using ovestin on the outer area helpful. It is great your friend could get ovestin without seeing the GP as there is no need for any examination anyway. It is just something that seems to come with meno. I would recommend you trying ovestin as it is a cream and you can use a tiny bit to see how you find it. When I insert it I use Sylk or Yes as it helps it to glide in. I find Sylk and Yes great to use daily too.

There is no need to worry Curly, it is wonderful your symptoms are not bad and the sooner you start treating the better. :)

Curlygirl

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2022, 01:52:09 PM »

Thanks Flossie❤️

Ovestin is a cream and Vagifem is a pessary. It is a matter of trying to see which suits but you can also use both. Many find inserting vagifem and using ovestin on the outer area helpful. It is great your friend could get ovestin without seeing the GP as there is no need for any examination anyway. It is just something that seems to come with meno. I would recommend you trying ovestin as it is a cream and you can use a tiny bit to see how you find it. When I insert it I use Sylk or Yes as it helps it to glide in. I find Sylk and Yes great to use daily too.

There is no need to worry Curly, it is wonderful your symptoms are not bad and the sooner you start treating the better. :)

Thank you as always Flossie. I will see if I can get some Ovestin and give it a try ❤️

Flossieteacake

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2022, 01:59:11 PM »

Thanks Flossie❤️

Thank you as always Flossie. I will see if I can get some Ovestin and give it a try ❤️

That is a great idea. Please post if you need any support or tips. :)

Curlygirl

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2022, 02:00:55 PM »

Thanks Flossie❤️

That is a great idea. Please post if you need any support or tips. :)

❤️