Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: When do we stop as wo.en stressing abbout menopause it sucks  (Read 1187 times)

Bindi

When do we stop as wo.en stressing abbout menopause it sucks
« on: December 15, 2022, 12:23:01 PM »

Why .why are we as females suffering this hormonal crap i appreciate  MM but come on carn't  we change this ..Dr currie has done her bit how can we make the world understand us women we are dying because of a few less hormones,dementia is a big part heart attacks another anxiety,mental health issues..where do we go for honest reliable help..even over here in oz our drs ..as  in medical centres dont understand..we over here from what i can gather . R juust starting to form some meno clinics yahh..in sydney lol..8 hrs away from me but its a start i guess..how many of our  female love ones have we lost and still loseing to this shit seriously something has got to change😔

Flossieteacake

Re: When do we stop as wo.en stressing abbout menopause it sucks
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2022, 12:28:00 PM »

I am sorry Bindi. It is so hard and I agree that there does not seem to be much support out there other then this forum. :(

Ayesha

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2022, 01:43:19 PM »

Such a minefield no matter which way you turn. HRT is not always the remedy as the whole subject is so complex, for some women the trial and error of trying different remedies can go on and on, no wonder so much anxiety and stress involved.

You just have to read the threads on here to know that it can be the roughest road you are ever going to take, a never ending road of twists and turns that never seems to end.

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2022, 10:22:53 AM »

Hello ladies.

I agree and I am amazed that a decline in hormones can have such a dramatic effect on our lives and well being.

I have found HRT to be a mixed bag as it helps with some of my symptoms but not others and increasing my dose brings additional problems. I sometimes think that the HRT we have now is taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut and we actually need treatments that are more subtle and specific. I remember when the Birth Control Pill was introduced it had a large amount of Oestrogen and many women experienced problems such as high blood pressure and thrombosis. Over time it was realised that much lower doses would be just as effective  and safer. Hopefully in the future we will have more choices of HRT and  more specific and tailored treatments.

In the meantime I think we need to keep plugging away at raising awareness and pushing for better and more sympathetic care.

Wishing you well ladies.

K.