Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Update  (Read 1652 times)

Michele

Update
« on: December 09, 2022, 08:46:11 PM »

Honestly ladies you’re not going to believe this!
So after months of heavy bleeding, on hrt, off hrt, scans, ovarian cysts and a think endometrial lining, last Monday I was taken into hospital with what was thoughts to be ovarian cyst pain, I was doubled over and never felt pain like it. After 8 hours in A & E I was admitted. Two bags of saline, 6 bags of IV antibiotics and a CT scan I’m told I have an acute diverticulitis flare my bowel was so swollen that it attached itself to my ovary, cysts on my lungs, a mass on my liver and a possible autoimmune disease, no mention of an ovarian cyst at all.
Ladies I’m completely shocked and numb with this news. I now have to attend an outpatients clinic for further investigation on my lungs, awaiting blood test results for the autoimmune disease, a surgical review for my diverticulitis and an ultrasound on Monday coming to see what the mass on my liver is.
I’m not wanting to scare anyone by posting this, just to let you know that abdominal pain even when you think it might be an ovarian cyst or Gynae issue…it might not be.
I’m not sure what’s around the corner for me all I know I’d that I’m so emotion, tired and very scared at this time.
Apologies for this message, my husband has blinkers on, if it’s not talked about, it’s not happening and I just needed to let it out a little to try and get my head round things.
Take care ladies, look after yourselves and each other. Xxx

Flossieteacake

Re: Update
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2022, 09:22:43 PM »

Oh Michele, I really am so sorry to read this. I completely understand you being in shock. You must have been in total agony. You will need time to process this and I hope you have a supportive GP who can help you understand it all.

I imagine your husband is shocked and upset so he is unable to let you talk this through. We are all here to listen. I am sending you a huge hug.🤗

DottyD68

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2022, 09:32:40 PM »

Hi Michele,
I don't really know what to say to be of help but just wanted to reply as it sounds like you've had a totally shocking week. I cant imagine how you are feeling - you must be beside yourself with worry. What I try to tell myself in these type of situations (I am a terrible worrier these days especially about health) is try and wait until you know exactly what you're dealing with. I know very well that it is easier said than done. It sounds like the medics are on the case and you should establish exactly what it going on soon and then they will have a plan as to how to get treatment if it's needed. Sending you calming and positive wishes.
DottyD68 X

Petra

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2022, 10:33:59 PM »

Wow, what a lot to deal with. And at such a hard time emotionally you have to nagivate the medical establishment. Sending you best wishes. I hope you find a way to get the support you need from your hubby. xx

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2022, 06:51:17 AM »

Thinking of you x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2022, 09:38:11 AM »

It never rains!   With acute pain the body is left shocked for a while, add to that different diagnosis and the wait for appts.!   :foryou:

I would write down a little of your history prior to the recent A&E trip.  Plus any questions regarding each Consultant that you will be seeing.  Could you take someone with you so that no info is missed?  We are out of Covid now so it should be possible unless the Hospital has had recent admissions of same. 

Your husband is probably shocked too, does he bury his head usually in a crisis?  My Dad could cope with anyone's problems unless Mum took to bed, then he went to pieces.   :'(

In general the liver is usually quite robust, being the organ that can regenerate itself.  Ask those questions!  Let us know how you are feeling, a rant can help a lot!

:hug:

Kathleen

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2022, 09:40:22 AM »

Hello Michelle

I am so sorry to read your post and I am not surprised that you are feeling emotional, who wouldn't be? You have had a lot to take in so that must be overwhelming for you. It sounds as if your husband is also overwhelmed but trying to handle it in a very different way.

I don't have any real advice for you except I know someone who has had extreme diverticulitis flares and is fine now. Her GP allows her to keep a supply of antibiotics at home and when she recognises the first signs of a flare she takes them and is fine. As for the autoimmune disease I hope you will feel better when you know more about it and you are  on the correct treatment. The other findings could be associated with the disease and may respond as well.

Please keep posting if it helps you and sending hugs.

Wishing you well and take care.

K.

Michele

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2022, 06:57:41 PM »

Thank you ladies,
Just a quick update, I had a scan done privately yesterday. The mass on my liver was 9mm on the CT scan yesterday on the ultrasound it was 17mm. The dr who did the scan said it doesn’t look anything nasty but it needs checking out to be sure. I asked if that would be causing the pain in my back as I feel like I’ve pulled a muscle going from my tummy, to my side and right up to my shoulder blades, he scanned my side and you’ll never guess, I’ve got a gallbladder full of gallstones.
Honestly it never rains when it pours, how much more can they find. Thank you for your support. Xxx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2022, 07:10:22 PM »

Thank you ladies,
Just a quick update, I had a scan done privately yesterday. The mass on my liver was 9mm on the CT scan yesterday on the ultrasound it was 17mm. The dr who did the scan said it doesn’t look anything nasty but it needs checking out to be sure. I asked if that would be causing the pain in my back as I feel like I’ve pulled a muscle going from my tummy, to my side and right up to my shoulder blades, he scanned my side and you’ll never guess, I’ve got a gallbladder full of gallstones.
Honestly it never rains when it pours, how much more can they find. Thank you for your support. Xxx

Oh no! That sounds so painful. I really am sorry to hear this. What have they decided to do for you about the gall stones?

Michele

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2022, 07:39:05 PM »

My gp rang me tonight and said that they will look into the gallstones when they investigate the liver, unless I get in too much pain then it’ll be sooner. X

Flossieteacake

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2022, 08:07:48 PM »

I hope the pain does not get any worse and you get an appointment soon. Sending you a hug.🤗