Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Vaginal oestrogen  (Read 1154 times)

hotmama

Vaginal oestrogen
« on: December 12, 2022, 11:31:07 AM »

I came to the HRT party late at the age of 64 because my horrendous symptoms were not abating. However, now, at age 72, despite being on Estradot patches 50mg I’m experiencing some urinary urgency and leaking and I feel quite sore. I’m having some investigations for the urinary problems but my question is, do ladies who are on patches also have topical vaginal oestrogen and can this help with urine symptoms?

Flossieteacake

Re: Vaginal oestrogen
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2022, 11:44:44 AM »

Hello hotmama. Topical oestrogen is vital for what you are going through. It is known as vaginal atrophy. Symptoms can include, not being able to empty your bladder, needing to urinate constantly, UTI type feelings, pain. dryness. These will all be helped my using localised oestrogen. You may find this thread helpful.

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,22886.msg888827.html#new

Tinkerbell

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2022, 12:22:52 PM »

I am on systemic HRT, i use Oestrogel and need to use vagifem every night too.

So yes some of us need both, although one youngish  female GP was determined to get me off of local as she said it was needed. I made sure any future appointments were not with her!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2022, 01:09:57 PM »

Ring your Surgery and ask for appropriate vaginal atrophy treatment, U don't need an exam or blood test.  The sooner the better!

hotmama

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2022, 04:57:19 PM »

Many thanks that’s very helpful.