Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Depression or menopause  (Read 749 times)

Mollymoo

Depression or menopause
« on: December 12, 2022, 05:28:29 PM »

I often question my health....is it really menopause or just me! Does anybody else feel like this.

Whilst I was on hrt I was moody, irritable and grumpy. Now I am off Hrt I am still moody, irritable and grumpy.

I really do wish I could just be happy and normal. Ime not asking for much.
I often feel so down in the dumps and that's with setraline that I just wonder if it's me! Will I ever be happy and normal xx

« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 06:00:22 PM by Mollymoo »

Flossieteacake

Re: Depression or menopause
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2022, 05:30:49 PM »

It could be both. Maybe you are depressed? Depression is not something that can be 'shrugged off' or ignored. It is a condition that needs treating. I really recommend therapy although a lot of people do not like the idea of it. It has helped me so much. I am sorry you are feeling so low Mollymoo.

Perinowpost

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2022, 05:34:25 PM »

Hormones are precursors to our mood Mollymoo and falling levels can have big side effects which should not be ignored. Chances are you were not on the right hrt for you previously x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2022, 06:13:28 PM »

How were your moods during your menstruating years?  I had a recognised pattern.

When I was depressed I felt numb; wading through treacle; everything done on automatic programme; appropriate medication helped.  This depression was different to that low mood/tears prior to each bleed.

Is there a 'worse' time? 

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2022, 06:41:00 PM »

Hello Mollymoo

I feel your pain! I question my emotional state constantly.

I am similar in that my moods, both good and bad are dominating my life post meno. With my fiddling with HRT levels I have also added physical symptoms into the mix and in the last few days I have seen a return of headaches which I haven't had for years!

Like you I am taking an AD ( Venlafaxine) but who knows what effect it's having.

I agree that we just want to feel normal and go about our lives and you are right, it isn't much to ask.

I am sorry that I don't have the answers but you are certainly not alone in what you are experiencing and all the frustration that goes with it.

Apologies for not being much help but I wish you well and take care.

K.

Mollymoo

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2022, 07:06:11 PM »

How were your moods during your menstruating years?  I had a recognised pattern.

When I was depressed I felt numb; wading through treacle; everything done on automatic programme; appropriate medication helped.  This depression was different to that low mood/tears prior to each bleed.

Is there a 'worse' time?

I went through menopause when i was 20, I am 50 now. Have always been up and down but wasn't as bad as i am now. X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2022, 07:18:58 PM »

Ah - I answered on your other thread  ::)

How does the depression affect you?  Is it continual ........