Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan ?side effect  (Read 1298 times)

Ruralrach

Utrogestan ?side effect
« on: December 08, 2022, 03:18:22 PM »

Help please?does anyone know if you 're mood can be affected if taking Utrogestan vaginally?after first week I felt ok but today really low in morning grumpy,tearful and feeling horrible.I swapped from oral for this reason and it seems to be coming back.Any words of wisdom I would be grateful thank u. :)

discogirl

Re: Utrogestan ?side effect
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2022, 08:37:51 AM »

Hi Ruralrach,

Sorry your post must have been missed.

I take utrogestan vaginally and I think it alleviates some side effects, however it can still cause low mood.

My suggestion is though to give it time, it probably will settle.

If not there are other options and ways to take progesterone if you can't tolerate utrogestan.

Hope you get sorted xx

Perinowpost

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2022, 10:11:17 AM »

Hi Ruralrach

Yes unfortunately utrogestan is well known for causing mood issues, it’s the main downside for those who are sensitive to it. Personally it never got better for me and I’ve decided not to take it again. As Discogirl says there are other options x

Ruralrach

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2022, 07:29:29 PM »

Thanks for the advice,i have had a better couple of days after reducing the oestrogel to 3 pumps.Im thinking i might try oral utrogestan to help with sleep but its difficult ti know if u change to many things at once u dont know whats working.def best days i ve had for last couple of months.

discogirl

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2022, 08:48:50 AM »

Thanks for the advice,i have had a better couple of days after reducing the oestrogel to 3 pumps.Im thinking i might try oral utrogestan to help with sleep but its difficult ti know if u change to many things at once u dont know whats working.def best days i ve had for last couple of months.

hi ruralrach

im pleased things have improved for you.

maybe stick with things for a few more weeks before changing how you take the utro.

all the best x

Ali P

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2022, 10:31:05 AM »

Hi
There is and old thread called Utrogestan Again.  I have just found it and it’s useful