Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: oestragel and anxiety  (Read 2082 times)

discogirl

oestragel and anxiety
« on: December 08, 2022, 03:34:38 PM »

ive been on oestrgel for a month now and i like it. it seems to be helping with my sleep.

however it seems about 2 hrs after putting my gel on i feel anxious. its really awful

i dont want to mess about with my regime too much but does the anxiety mean i need to drop down my gel or increase it.

im 4 yrs post meno and on 3 and half pumps of gel x

Pippa52

Re: oestragel and anxiety
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2022, 11:10:03 PM »

discogirl - as you know I have been on Oestrogel too and have found it really hard to get the dose right.  I recently cut the dose down as advised and was starting to feel better.  Like you I found a couple of hours after applying the gel I was getting a real whoosh and it was really quite unpleasant. I have found I have had quite a lot of anxiety on a higher dose and it is starting to kick in on the lower dose again.  I started a new bottle of gel yesterday and really haven't felt right at all today and wonder if it's a different batch although it is an amber bottle still.  Ugh the roller coaster seems endless. I do hope you start to feel better soon and the anxiety improves I just wanted to let you know that I get a real whooosh from the gel a while after I have applied it too x

discogirl

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2022, 06:58:10 AM »

hi pippa52

thats really kind of you to let me know im not alone. it does help.

sometimes it does make you wonder if different batches have different strengths or if the storage or transportation affects it.

i hope you find the right dose for you.

you take care x

Lcgbw

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2022, 09:28:39 AM »

This could possibly be the rate that you absorb the gel. You may be better using a patch as it can offer some a more even dose throughout the day. You maybe absorbing the gel very quickly.

Keep On Swimming

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2022, 09:56:50 AM »

That's very interesting Lcgbw, and something to keep in mind. Thanks for sharing.

discogirl

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2022, 10:42:52 AM »

This could possibly be the rate that you absorb the gel. You may be better using a patch as it can offer some a more even dose throughout the day. You maybe absorbing the gel very quickly.

hi logbw

yes i was thinking it may have something to do with absorbing too quickly.

its hard to tell on the gel.

when i went on hrt in august i used estraderm patches but i dont think i was absorbing them too well however on the gel my sleep has improved xx

Dada39

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2022, 01:12:30 PM »

Hello Disco girl.

It happened to me too.I think its the way our system absorbes the gel, maybe too fast, it plumed too fast and the increase anxiety appears.
It was horrible, I couldn't handle the stress at work. I tried 1 pump, 0,5 pump  (anxiety around 2 hours later) and 2 pumps. With 2 pumps the anxiety came at around 5pm.
It didn't happen when I was taken Femoston 2/10 (oral.oestrogen).

discogirl

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2022, 01:29:42 PM »

Hello Disco girl.

It happened to me too.I think its the way our system absorbes the gel, maybe too fast, it plumed too fast and the increase anxiety appears.
It was horrible, I couldn't handle the stress at work. I tried 1 pump, 0,5 pump  (anxiety around 2 hours later) and 2 pumps. With 2 pumps the anxiety came at around 5pm.

hi dada39

thats interesting with the timing of your anxiety after youd applied the gel.

i dont want to really change as it is helping my sleep.

im going to give it another couple of months see what happens.

thanks for your reply x

Dada39

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2022, 03:25:22 PM »

Hello Disco girl.

hi dada39

thats interesting with the timing of your anxiety after youd applied the gel.

i dont want to really change as it is helping my sleep.

im going to give it another couple of months see what happens.

thanks for your reply x
You're welcome  :)

Hope it settles soon (i didn't try for long only 4 weeks)

Pippa52

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2022, 06:54:37 PM »

discogirl et all - just an update.  The Meno consultant wrote to me after my telephone consult and has strongly advised me to swap onto Estadot patches strength 25 to start with. She said my Oestrogen blood levels on Oestrogel were so low I might as well not be on HRT at all. Reluctantly I stopped the gel and put on a patch and have to say much to my amazement after a vile first day am feeling so much better today.  Not right yet but a real improvement and no huge rush like the gel gave me.  Very very early days but I will remain cautiously optimistic.  I understand because they are slow release the patches give a more even absorption that the gel.  The last time I was on them it was on a much higher dose so I am hoping that was the reason they gave me such migraines.  I hope so much everyone can find their ideal dose and treatment very soon.  It really has been one heck of a roller coaster year regarding HRT and shortages etc.  xxxx
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 06:57:20 PM by Pippa52 »

MadameOvary

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2022, 07:28:49 PM »

I had exactly this experience. I had been on patches for a year and thought I'd give the gel a go so I could more easily adjust the dose. It was a total nightmare. My anxiety went through the roof. I felt like I was having panic attacks. My heart was racing. I couldn't sleep. I came off it after a month. I've gone back on patches and I feel great.
I've seen someone else on here say the formulation of estrogel has changed and that there are old batches and new batches in circulation and they have very different effects. I don't know if that's right or not though.
If it's not working for you, could you try patches?

Pippa52

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2022, 09:26:43 PM »

MadameOvary - I absolutely agree with you.  There most definitely are differences in the batches.  I started a new bottle and felt like I was on the ceiling.  I think they are definitely varying between batches and the last prescription I got was a totally different shaped bottle as well.  I am happy now that I have changed to patches although was nervous of doing so as patches had not suited me before but I feel sure now it was because the dose was way too high for me them I am now on the lowest patch Estradot 25. You certainly are not alone in the way Oestrogel seems to be very unpredictable in its effects now.

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2022, 07:58:05 AM »

I thought it was just me! I’m still having trouble with the gel, and like you say it’s an amber bottle too, but different batch number.

I honestly felt yesterday as Madame Ovary described! Heart racing, panicking and it’s also affecting my sleep.

I think I probably am absorbing but maybe too well! No idea what to do now!!!

MadameOvary

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2022, 10:59:19 AM »

MIS71MUM can you try patches? I'm on Estrodot now and I feel great. The anxiety vanished very quickly after stopping the gel.

Pippa52

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2022, 11:33:50 AM »

MIS71MUM - the new bottle of Oestrogel floored me - just the same symptoms as you. My meno consultant told me that many of her patients had told her the same.  The gel does not seem to be consistent in strength anymore :(

Pages: [1] 2