News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Vagifen  (Read 728 times)

Pollydollydoodle

Vagifen
« on: December 11, 2022, 11:36:55 AM »

Hi ladies,

Talk to me about vagifem please? Do many of you take it alongside your HRT and do you think it helps? I’ve only been on my patches for a few weeks so not sure if I should give them time to settle first and see if they help with what I think is VA. Thank you Px

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Vagifen
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2022, 12:35:30 PM »

Use the vaginal atrophy treatment ASAP!   It is more localised so more likely to ease symptoms of dryness, repeated need2P etc..  Urine infection symptoms mimic atrophy really really well. 

I don't require other HRT, some ladies find that it helps VA as long as they use appropriate treatment.  Let us know how you get on.  When I feel the need2P I take 2 nurofen 3 times a day to ease the nip as the urine flow stops.

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2022, 01:56:35 PM »

Vagifem definitely helped me but sadly it has given me awful stomach cramps so had to stop but that's just me,seem to be sensitive to everything 🤷‍♀️

Ayesha

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2022, 02:50:38 PM »

If you think you have VA then start the treatment immediately because it can be a separate condition to why you need your other HRT treatment.

VA can become a chronic condition and the sooner you start treatment the sooner you will feel the benefits, it can take months to work. Some do suffer side effects unfortunately, hope you are not one of them!  Life's a bitch enough as it is  ::)

Cara999

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2022, 05:19:06 PM »

I struggled for 6 months before starting local estrogen, it really is the only thing to help, the sooner you start it the better as it can take months for some to feel the benefits xxx