Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Head Cold, Rhinitis or Reaction to HRT  (Read 1233 times)

Shells99

Head Cold, Rhinitis or Reaction to HRT
« on: December 07, 2022, 06:54:34 PM »

Hi everyone

So I started 1 pump of oestrogel with 100mg of utrogestan daily about 12 days ago.

Unfortunately I have been plagued with cold and flu symptoms for the past 3 weeks (congestion, cough, violent sneezing). I know I had a bit of what I tjought was a head cold just BEFORE starting the HRT.

I just dont seem to have got clear since, the symptoms come and go every few days and covid tests are negative.

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced similar after starting HRT? I'm praying that it's all unconnected as I had to wait for ages and plead for the HRT and I'd like to give it a chance.

I also don't seem to be feeling the sedative effect of the Utrogestan and/or improved sleep which I was hoping for. Perhaps it takes time to build up the level and feel the benefit. I am taking it just before bedtime.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Head Cold, Rhinitis or Reaction to HRT
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2022, 06:57:20 PM »

12 days is not long enough for HRT to benefit.

Could you have rhinitis after the cold?  Allergies can be more noticeable during peri. 

discogirl

Re: Head Cold, Rhinitis or Reaction to HRT
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2022, 07:23:10 PM »

Hi everyone

So I started 1 pump of oestrogel with 100mg of utrogestan daily about 12 days ago.

Unfortunately I have been plagued with cold and flu symptoms for the past 3 weeks (congestion, cough, violent sneezing). I know I had a bit of what I tjought was a head cold just BEFORE starting the HRT.

I just dont seem to have got clear since, the symptoms come and go every few days and covid tests are negative.

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced similar after starting HRT? I'm praying that it's all unconnected as I had to wait for ages and plead for the HRT and I'd like to give it a chance.

I also don't seem to be feeling the sedative effect of the Utrogestan and/or improved sleep which I was hoping for. Perhaps it takes time to build up the level and feel the benefit. I am taking it just before bedtime.

hi sheila99

the cold and flu symptoms it could just be a cold or it could be a side effect of the hrt. if it is then the side effects will wear off but as with anything it just takes time.

as you build up your estrogen then you should start to feel better but with hrt it does take time.

i do hope you start to feel better soon x