Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Signs of too high Oestrogen!  (Read 852 times)

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
Signs of too high Oestrogen!
« on: December 07, 2022, 11:08:54 AM »

I know I’ve chopped and changed with gel preparations recently but to relieve the surges of too much oestrogen, I dropped down to 2 & 2 pumps per day.

That left me weepy and sad. So now increased to 2.5 & 2 and I feel that it’s too much. Sort of my brain is playing repetitive thoughts and my body doesn’t feel calm.

Anyone else feel like this?

Kathleen

Re: Signs of too high Oestrogen!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2022, 12:28:40 PM »

Hello MIS71MUM.

I don't have the answers but I wanted to reply to support you.

At the beginning of November I reduced my gel to an all time low and over recent days my chronic crying is back. I also noticed that VA was creeping in plus some flushing, night sweats and headaches. In the last week I have increased the gel again and the physical symptoms are already resolving. It is incredible the difference a small amount of gel can have, I literally went from half a 1mg sachet to a quarter for about three weeks and the crying spells that I had when I came off all HRT a few years ago have come back with a vengeance.

I am sure that other ladies will be along with some advice and I wish you well.

K.

purplebee

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2022, 12:31:43 PM »

Hi there,
If you are chopping and changing doses frequently be careful as your body takes time to adjust and balance itself (i speak from experience) sometimes you have to be patient and wait for at least a few weeks to a few months for any impact and difference to be noticed. I'm afraid it's very much trial and error. Give it a bit longer and see how you feel.

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2022, 04:04:10 PM »

Hello again ladies.

Purplebee - I think you make a good point and I have decided to stick with half a Sachet ( ie 50 mcg) of gel until my Meno appointment in January. I understand that this is the standard dose for post meno so it makes sense to continue with that.

MIS71MUM -   Apologies for butting in on your thread. Hopefully more ladies will be along to help you decide what to do next regarding your pumps of gel.

Take care ladies.

K.

Pippa52

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2022, 05:09:01 PM »

I so agree in that such a small amount of gel can make such a difference.  I have been on 2 pumps now for 15 days and 2 days ago I changed the way I applied it.  For the last 2 days have felt better a bit but today about an hour after I put on the gel (same dose as have been) I got the most huge whoosh from it.  Had to go and sit down and now have a rotten  headache.  So not only does the amount make a difference however small so also for me anyway does the way I apply it.  Sheeeesh.  However hopefully this means I am actually absorbing it too with that much re-action clearly something is getting through!!!! Totally agree also in how important it is to stick at a dose if you can for a good long time to start getting the most benefit as upping and downing the dose inflames the oestrogen receptors the Consultant said x

Perinowpost

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2022, 05:46:37 PM »

Anxiety can be a sign that oestrogen is  too high x