Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Oestradiol levels  (Read 779 times)

discogirl

Oestradiol levels
« on: December 07, 2022, 11:31:29 AM »

Well I've just got back my blood oestradiol levels.

I had them checked last monday and they are 267, which I'm quite pleased about as at the end of june before I started hrt (started hrt august) they were only 19, so at least it shows I'm absorbing.

I do have a question however, and sorry if it's a daft one; if i stay on the hrt, my oestradiol levels will keep increasing presumably and that cannot be a good thing as presumably I do not want them to be too high either?

Thanks x

Dotty

Re: Oestradiol levels
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2022, 12:03:05 PM »

Hi 267 is actually quite low when you're on hrt.

Your levels don't keep increasing if you stay on the same dose.  Once you reach a maximum level obtained form a dose then they will stay at that.  They will only increase if you increase the dose.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 12:12:43 PM by Dotty »

discogirl

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2022, 12:22:36 PM »

Hi 267 is actually quite low when you're on hrt.

Your levels don't keep increasing if you stay on the same dose.  Once you reach a maximum level obtained form a dose then they will stay at that.  They will only increase if you increase the dose.

i see so if i stay on my current dosage of oestrogel then my readings will always be about 267 x

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2022, 12:30:57 PM »

Probably not because you haven’t been in this dose for 3 months.

Keep On Swimming

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2022, 12:31:01 PM »

Can someone please tell me what "normal" levels are for oestradiol? I haven't a clue...

Mine were 158 on Monday after stopping the pill and gel for a week. The gyne said that the 158 is my OWN oestrogen, not the gel as it is eliminated from our bodies after 24 hours. She said "You are definitely not through the menopause, but you are in peri". I told her I've had ferocious oestrogen dips for the past 9 months and that I'm sure that if we had done the blood test during one of those moments I would have had a lower reading. She agreed, and said that oestrogen levels rise and fall dramatically in peri. Unfortunately, when mine fall I end up almost being unable to function - now I am on the gel I hope the lows won't make me feel as ill.

Anyway, I was just wondering what our levels should be in peri and post?

Wrensong

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2022, 12:41:21 PM »

Hi KOS, ref range for oestradiol at the lab that I use is as follows:-

Follicular   45-854
Ovulatory   151-1461
Luteal   82-1251
Postmenopausal <189

Not sure how your prior hormone usage may have affected your reading on the day, but levels are very variable in peri.

You asked about postmeno too - my gynae has recommended aiming for levels in range 300-500 postmeno, but it depends on what level we feel best at, how well symptoms are controlled.  I think he also had in mind that I have osteopenia when recommending that range to aim for.  What's right for one woman may be quite different for another at that stage, but if you're not there yet all you can do is try to find a dose that helps you through peri.

Wx
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 12:50:08 PM by Wrensong »