Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Forgetfulness, am I going mad?  (Read 761 times)

Love_vodka

Forgetfulness, am I going mad?
« on: December 06, 2022, 07:27:20 PM »

Hi I haven't been on the forum for a while but could do with a little advice.
After a bit of tweaking with doses for the first 6 months I have been successfully using estrogen patches.  - Estrodot 50 for 5 years.
All more or less ok but the last few months I've been constantly forgetting things. Mainly words or names, my mind literally goes blank! It seems to be happening quite frequently. No other obvious menopausal symptom. The very odd not flash, mood dip but nothing that I would notice.
Any ideas? I feel like I'm going a bit mad. Stress? Or worth getting bloods checked and seeing GP?
Any advice or recommendations much appreciated xx
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 07:40:57 PM by Love_vodka »

discogirl

Re: Forgetfulness, am I going mad?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2022, 07:31:05 PM »

Hi I haven't been on the forum for a while but could do with a little advice.
After a bit of tweaking with doses for the first 6 months I have been successfully using estrogen patches.  - Estrodot 50
All more or less ok but the last few months I've been constantly forgetting things. Mainly words or names, my mind literally goes blank! It seems to be happening quite frequently. No other obvious menopausal symptom. The very odd not flash, mood dip but nothing that I would notice.
Any ideas? I feel like I'm going a bit mad. Stress? Or worth getting bloods checked and seeing GP?
Any advice or recommendations much appreciated xx

hi Love_Vodka

i too have forgetfulness.

brain fog call it what you will i believe is part of menopause

but if its worrying you then maybe book an appt with your gp x

Love_vodka

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2022, 07:43:17 PM »

Thanks, just edited. I'm 5 years post menopause and not had brain fog up until now which is why I'm slightly concerned. I'm 50 years old so menopause early.
Thanks, probs worth getting checked.

discogirl

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2022, 07:40:13 AM »

Hi Love
Without doubt for me was low testosterone. As soon as I started using it I can honestly within 24 hours my my was clear and sharp. It was literally the very first morning I woke ups million times better. It was the missing link and I too am on Estradot.
Good luck. X

hi mollydolly

i didnt know that was a sign of low testosterone.

do bloods pick up low testosterone or are blood tests unreliable?

to be fair i dont even know the symptoms of low testosterone x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2022, 09:04:18 AM »

Morning.

No one is too early to go into menopause which is literally the last period.  Peri-menopause: 10+ years prior to meno: throws up symptoms of 'the change', some more so for others.  I've been lucky.

Brain fog is normal for both pregnant women and into peri: we have a thread 'doing stupid things' ;-).

Do U keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart progress?  Which symptom would you like to ease first?  Let us know how you get on.