Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 1461 times)

Annie1210

« on: February 18, 2023, 08:45:39 AM »

Hello all,

I thought I would stop by here and say hello! I am 46 and noticed in the past 12-18 months my anxiety, low mood etc. have got worse. Am also struggling with palpitations. I have been on and off evorel sequi a few times but only made it to the 3 month mark as I was convinced it wasn't working. Now I feel absolutely desperate, to the point I want to crawl under a rock and not come out. My GP doesn't think I am depressed and feels its more emotional stress (had a male GP this time who didn't seem that well informed). I'm booked for blood tests in a few weeks to check everything. I have some boxes of evorel sequi left and I'm wondering whether to restart them to see if I can get some sort of relief. I am afraid I have nobody to talk to about this so any advice or opinion would be great. Thanks for reading.

Flossieteacake

Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2023, 09:39:04 AM »

Hello Annie and welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear of what you are going through. It could be a different HRT may suit you more. They say it takes 3 months to know if a HRT works but you coming off then back on it may have confused your body. Did you experience any side effects because if not you may want to try it again.

Peri can cause anxiety and low mood but you are not alone. I am glad you have found us.

Annie1210

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2023, 12:41:49 PM »

Thank you so much for your reply. It was a good 3 months ago when I came off it so I would figure any symptoms I'm now experiencing are not the result of stopping it. I think will go back on it and make an appointment ahead to speak with the GP. Always difficult to get a gp appointment to get the correct ongoing support! Also, really suffering with heart palpitations which I is a symptom I think 🤔 x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2023, 12:55:01 PM »

I have a rock you can share  :o or the brown paper bag to put over your head ;-)

MayB keeping a mood/food/symptom diary would help?  Decide which symptom you would like to ease first.  Is there a dedicated womens GP in your Practice?  Or ask for a referral to a dedicated menopause clinic, either NHS or private - there are waiting lists.  There are several ways of delivering HRT.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2023, 01:02:22 PM »

Thank you so much for your reply. It was a good 3 months ago when I came off it so I would figure any symptoms I'm now experiencing are not the result of stopping it. I think will go back on it and make an appointment ahead to speak with the GP. Always difficult to get a gp appointment to get the correct ongoing support! Also, really suffering with heart palpitations which I is a symptom I think 🤔 x

Yes, many of us experience heart palpitations. It is a horrid meno symptom. I hope you can get a GP appointment soon and that they are helpful.

Annie1210

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2023, 01:02:56 PM »

Haha bless you!! I'll happily share the rock.
Without a shadow of doubt it has to be the anxiety and palpitations. Yes, there is a female gp and I'll be booking my next appointment with her as she is excellent but gets very booked up. I will be keeping a separate symptom diary but I think in the meantime I'll go back on the hrt to see if I can get some relief. That said I started taking St johns wort about a week ago but I understand this takes a while to work...like most things and I know I can't take this with hrt. Gosh this anxiety is awful. Has anyone cut out caffeine and found it has made a difference?

Annie1210

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2023, 01:05:24 PM »

Thank you! Anyone found a successful treatment with the heart palpitations? I'm going to go to decaffeinated things I think.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2023, 01:06:50 PM »

Thank you! Anyone found a successful treatment with the heart palpitations? I'm going to go to decaffeinated things I think.

HRT can help. You can always do a search in the search button and see which threads pop up about palpitations.

I gave up caffeine to help with vaginal atrophy. I have not touched it for 2 years now. :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2023, 02:12:12 PM »

A rock with a view it is then  ;)

Won't give up chocolate ;-).  I found years ago that coffee makes me very nauseous within moments though I love the smell - which is added.  Apparently  ::)

Palpitations are 'common' among with other strange symptoms.  How is your diet overall?  Keeping blood sugar levels can ease anxiety surges, I was advised to eat every 3 hours, 24/7  ::)

Annie1210

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2023, 02:34:46 PM »

Hehe! You bring the rock and I'll bring the wine!!

Well, I'll switch to decaf tomorrow to see if it helps.My gp or a gp suggested having a 24hr ecg re the palpitations but will see how it goes. My diet needs a bit of an overhaul. It hasn't been great since the pandemic. Any must- buy tips? I've read protein at every meal, plenty of fruit and veg, sweets to 3 times a week but any other suggestions will be great. We read such conflicting advice!

sheila99

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2023, 02:46:42 PM »

Both anxiety and palpitations can be caused by low oestrogen. Anxiety and insomnia were my worst symptoms, hardly any improvement for the month of evorel sequi and took 3 months to go completely. Of course anxiety can have many causes so it's possible oestrogen deficiency isn't the cause of yours. Do you have other meno symptoms? Hot flushes are a useful one as they go in a couple of weeks and are a good indication that the dose is right. Are your periods still regular?

Annie1210

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2023, 03:33:36 PM »

Thank you, this is also the issue..is the anxiety..palpitations..waking in the middle of the night particularly in the second part of my cycle, the luteal phase. I have really sore breasts for most or the month and suffer with brain fog. My periods are still regular though? seems a bit pointless taking hrt if it isn't required but this psychological change, insomnia, worse periods and breast tenderness all are peri symptoms I believe??  I'm not sure what else it could be.