Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Vaginal laser treatment, memory loss, weight gain.  (Read 1226 times)

Peanut31

Vaginal laser treatment, memory loss, weight gain.
« on: December 05, 2022, 07:04:00 PM »

Hello

I’ve started taking Ovestin and still on the dosage of daily for 2 weeks then move to three times a week.

I’m definitely experiencing vaginal Atrophy.

My urine sample came back from my GP as not having an infection.

The Ovestin was prescribed to me by my menopause clinic and asked for vagifem as well as a back up.

I knew the day I took my urine sample, I was as itchy as hell and thought it was cystitis.

Looking back I’ve had bladder issues for months now, not knowing what it was. Even on my medical history I mentioned repeat urine infections and even had a scan via my GP. The only advice was use thrush or cystitis creams from the pharmacy.

My scan came back with nothing to report. Although when they did the scan, they informed me that I don’t empty my bladder fully when I go to the toilet. I had already mentioned this when I went for the scan and they did the internal with the wand thing too.

Anyway, I’ve read the book Me and my menopausal vagina by Jane Lewis which was recommended to me on here.

This helped a lot and some of the things I was doing was making it worse.  It has got better, but, not 100%. I’ve ordered some moisturiser from Yes, so I’ll start using that too.

I don’t know if it’s coincidence, but since using Ovestin, I’ve been craving what I call sugary crap, chocolate bars, one after the other too, I don’t have an off switch.

I’ve already eaten the selection boxes I had for Christmas presents. The replacements eaten and replaced. I don’t normally buy this to keep in the house, but I’m craving this. 

I will admit, I do have hang ups on weight gain, as I was very badly bullied as a teenager for being overweight.

I lost weight when a teenager and kept it off, but its been a struggle with body confidence, as hate weight gain. I’ve had Counselling for this.

Just as I was making some progress, the menopause hit, boom.

I’m peri menopausal, and trying to deal and accept my body changing.

My question is would it be my hormones as I’ve added this additional  Ovestin cream now, and,  has anyone tried the vaginal laser treatment with success?

I’ve still got some itchy feelings down below, and I’ve noticed I’m forgetting words again.

Couldn’t remember the word “hinges”  the other day, or some names of people.

I’m taking two pumps of Oestrogel and 2 capsules of progesterone for two weeks on then two weeks off. Testosterone 3 times a week 0.5ml.

Many thanks
Peanut31

Dotty

Re: Vaginal laser treatment, memory loss, weight gain.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 07:14:15 PM »

Hi have you read a book by Jane Lewis called “ Me and My Menopausal Vagina.”

https://www.mymenopausalvagina.co.uk/   This is her website x

Peanut31

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2022, 07:18:45 PM »

Hi

Yes read the book, mentioned that in my post.

Thanks for the link to her website.

Best wishes
Peanut31

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2022, 07:34:34 PM »

Sorry I didn’t see that you’d read the book.

Cara999

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2022, 07:47:53 PM »

Hopefully the cream will help, I've been on Vagifem for almost 6 months and I'm slowly getting there!!

I did go on HRT for a while which made me absolutely starving, stopped it as didn't feel it was agreeing with me and my hunger subsided.

Sorry your struggling, if you meno symptoms are creeping back in could you perhaps need to up the dose?

Much love xx

Peanut31

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2022, 08:01:41 AM »

Thanks for all your replies.

Two nights in a row now my VA has flared uo, back to how it was before.

Feeling I need the toilet all the time, so I’ve had very little sleep. Maybe need to try Vagifem?

Best wishes
Peanut31

Ayesha

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2022, 04:14:41 PM »

Vaginal Atrophy is a condition that needs constant treatment that can take months to take effect, you have to be very patient.
It's a regime that you have to stick with, mine is Vagifem daily, Ovestin used topically daily, and another important ingredient is moisturiser, I use Sylk.

This is my regime for a year now and my VA is well under control. You will get there eventually  :)

Peanut31

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2022, 07:16:13 PM »

Thanks for the reply and advice.

Best wishes
Peanut31

suzysunday

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2022, 09:44:02 PM »

Yes, it took months of ovestin use to get VA under control, but I got there in the end.  It's a rubbish condition, I could really do without it!

Peanut31

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2022, 09:52:42 PM »

Thanks for your reply.

I think I feel disappointed as when I started using the cream, I felt better, but symptoms back.

Best wishes
Peanut31

Ecl

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2022, 10:53:26 PM »

Hi Peanut,
I think you and I are on a similar journey right now. I started Ovestin 2.5 weeks ago, 5 weeks in to what I thought was a urine infection. Had already had antibiotics which had no effect, so was given more and ovestin. After 3 days I felt much better and after a week I stopped taking ibuprofen and paracetamol 4 times a day each. I was already on vagifem three times a week but gp said to stop that to take ovestin. I have now tried twice to use ovestin every other night but have ended up back on the ibuprofen again. I have also just read the menopausal vagina book too!
I was using sylc but ordered some yes vm and I think it’s better, I am using it once or twice a day. I think it does help but the ovestin is more important.
I have a gp appointment on Weds where I will tell her I can’t reduce and see what’s next. I too would be interested to know what all my other options are and if it’s worth it?

flossie fiddler

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2022, 09:15:49 AM »

I came off HRT just under 3 years ago after being on it 6 years. Within 3 months VA kicked in. Urine infections, itching, burning, dryness. I started on Vagifem with Yes moisturiser and it helped a bit, but intimacy still left me sore and itchy.

Fast forward 2.5 years and I went back on HRT when I realised all my symptoms were not due to the pandemic anxiety and getting old, but was hormone deficiency. Within a month I was back to being me. I tried stopping Vagifem but symptoms started to return, so I’m back on it, with the patches and tablets, and all is well. The patches etc on their own, or the less Aries on their own didn’t cut it. I needed everything!