Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: HRT morning, eve or both?  (Read 727 times)

MariaJane

• First Flush
HRT morning, eve or both?
« on: December 05, 2022, 01:00:20 PM »

Hi, everyone, I ve just been advised to increase from 2 oestrogel pumps to 4 (I'm perimenopausal and its given me pmdd lasting 15 days). I also take 100gms ultrogestan 25 days out of 28. My question is the leaflets day to take progestogen on an eve, and then the oestrogel should be take  at the same time, but I hear other people say they do two pumps morning and two eve, and others in the morning. My main symptom is also disturbed sleep. Just wondered how other people do it/veer from leaflet for night time and if it matters? Thank you 🙂

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: HRT morning, eve or both?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 01:16:46 PM »

Morning.

I wouldn't add 4 pumps immediately.  Adding 1 will give the body time to adjust.  Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary is useful to chart progress.

Why have you been advised to add 'extra'?  Tell us more about yourself: periods, family commitments, hobbies - we have threads on most things here! including a 'funny room'.

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2022, 02:32:49 PM »

Hi the advice is that Oestrogel should be applied in the morning and Utrogestan at night.

If you are in peri menopause the usual dose of Utrogestan is 200mg for 12 days of every month on days 15-26 of your cycle. x

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2022, 02:40:13 PM »

On 4 pumps I did 2 in the morning and 2 at night but mostly because this way I could use only thighs, it's too cold in my house for bare arms. I don't think it matters much how you do it as long as it's the same each day, I thought twice a day might iron out the highs and lows a bit. Good advice not to go straight to 4 pumps as this may be too much.
You could try utro for 12 days a month first though. It helps many people sleep but it makes mine worse.