Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: NHS England  (Read 2989 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: NHS England
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2022, 03:42:55 PM »

Yep.  Several of us here have either worked or continue to do so in the NHS in various guises.  I left the Service in the 1980s, my sister fled to un-safe working practice in Wales 10 years ago ....... and issues haven't altered.  Monies don't seem to be thrown at the correct levels to increase services and support.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2022, 07:51:03 PM »

On the radio today, the nhs are paying some peoples heating bills because they’re struggling with their health problems.
I think, and don’t quote me on this, three months worth of bills to get over the worst of our winter months.
Some people rang in were all for it, some not.
Doctors have said, heating our homes is crucial for our health. Some people with arthritis and other health problems, cancer for one, are totally struggling. So the nhs has stepped in.     

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2022, 08:01:49 PM »

Some people can't afford transport to get to appts.  :-\

getting_old

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2022, 08:40:45 PM »

Purely out if interest CLKD were the paper files specific to that hospital, and was it a case of letters being sent to the GP? Were entire files sent to other hospitals if treatment was required elsewhere, and were they requested by the GP or the new hospital?
I'm just wondering how they ensured that all history, medication, etc. was known.

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2022, 07:48:46 AM »

Morning.  All patients had to be referred via a GP even to Harley Street.  GPs would treat as appropriate and refer to a specific consultant where hand-written notes would be made which remained at that hospital - unless a patient was transferred to another Hospital by Ambulance when notes would travel with them.  Usually an SHO, Registrar or Consultant would have spoken to the Consultant in charge at the other end.

All Depts could be contacted by phone or fax should info be required either within the Hospital or by GP or other Hospitals.

As notes were withdrawn from the records dept a tracer card with details was slipped into the gap so that everyone knew the movements of those notes.  Same with X-ray folders.

Of course now, all notes should be retrievable by computer - whcih was the idea - anywhere in England. 

Minusminnie

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2022, 08:41:49 AM »

I would happily be microchipped with my health record rather than rely on all these systems to follow me accurately.  Also to have a hand reader so that i could check the chip.
We recently had to give our 'explanation' to a nurse of a family members previous hospital health record as the record was not there after so many years.

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2022, 05:29:54 PM »

After a certain number of years patient records will be microfiched.  Takes hours to read them  ::)
Pages: 1 [2]