Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: At my wit's end!  (Read 740 times)

skater66

• First Flush
At my wit's end!
« on: December 01, 2022, 10:33:57 AM »

Hi - new to MM and finding a lot of useful stuff on here!! I would like to ask if anyone can give me an answer to the following: I had a partial hysterectomy back in 2010 at the age of 44 and I am now 56 (obvs!) and my ovaries were left.

Can PCOS affect a post-menopausal woman? I cannot seem to get a straight answer from a GP - if I can ever get hold of one that is.  >:(

My weight is ballooning and I am getting increased hair growth on my face which I am needing to attend to every day (not yet shaving - but won't be long) and I have been told by my GP to increase my probiotic intake and try fasting to deal with the weight gain - which I have tried and have negative results. I am on Estradiol three pumps a day also

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated xx

Marchlove

Re: At my wit's end!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 11:00:31 AM »

Hi Skater

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, yes you can get PCOS post menopause.

I suggest you buy Lara Briden’s book ‘Hormone Repair Manual’ which has some excellent chapters on PCOS.

It might also be worth getting your Gp to test your thyroid, although the tests the nhs use is not comprehensive enough, but it’s a good place to start.

M x

skater66

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2022, 12:48:02 PM »

Thanks M

As I thought, had my thyroid checked and it's fine but I just seem to get nowhere when I speak to my GP!! I will check out the book and fingers crossed

Thanks again xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2022, 01:57:56 PM »

:welcomemm: