Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: When to have break from Utrogestan  (Read 2489 times)

Katherine

When to have break from Utrogestan
« on: December 01, 2022, 02:47:52 PM »

Hi ladies,

I'm moving from continuous Utrogestan to taking it for 25 days a month but am unsure if when I'm supposed to have the break. Is it from the day after your period ends, for 25 days then a set number of days break? Or do you just not take it during your period?

My period lasts 4 days and there can be anything from 21 to 28 days between a period, but usually the gap is about 24 days. I just started my period today so wondering if now is a good time to start my first break. I am seeing my GP later on in the month but need some help sooner. Any help would be greatly appreciated. xxx

Hurdity

Re: When to have break from Utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 08:40:52 PM »

Hi Katherine - start the first day of your bleed as Day 1 and then when you get to Day 25, stop the utro for 3 days and hopefully you'll get another bleed. Don't worry if the bleed comes later - you can still start Day after Day 28 even if your bleed hasn't come - because sometimes after a while women don't bleed on this regime (depending on where they are in menopause, and their oestrogen dose, as well as their womb condition), and it is important to make sure you continue taking it. If you end up always being a week out then you can tweak it but to start with - take it as above.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Hurdity x

Katherine

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2022, 09:21:22 PM »

Thanks so much Hurdity I’ll do that and I’ll let you know how it goes! X

Ellie O

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2022, 04:36:41 AM »

When I had periods, I stopped Utrogestan for 3 days when bleeding started. If you do that, then your HRT will be in sync with your periods.

Clarella

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2022, 07:22:01 AM »

Ah I’m querying what to do, this thread is helpful.
Ellie, do you mean you just took continuously till a bleed started then you paused for a few days?

That makes sense to me.

I want to take continuously as I find it beneficial but I’m still in peri.

Ellie O

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2022, 08:53:57 AM »

Hi Clarella. Yes, I was taking continuously until I had bleed, and then stopped for 3 days. After 3 days resume 100 mg continuous again. My periods were regular, more or less every month.

Clarella

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2022, 09:38:37 AM »

I think this would suit me. I’m taking vaginally at the moment but hoping to try orally again now on a higher patch.

Clarella

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2022, 09:39:55 AM »

Thanks so much for explaining!

Katherine

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2022, 07:57:34 PM »

Hi Ellie, can I ask did a gp tell you to take it this way? Is there any official guidance on when to have the break? Maybe it says on the leaflet in the box, I will have another look.

Ellie O

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2022, 06:09:44 AM »

Hi Katherine. No, there is no official guidance because these regime (25/3) is licensed for post menopause.

Vive

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2022, 05:15:39 PM »

Hi ladies.
I was also wondering if I could take the progesterone side of things regularly as I feel a lot better when I’m on the two weeks Utrogestan (two capsules) and then find I really miss them when I have the two week break, I start feeling terrible again. Im 47 and peri. I’m a week away from the progesterone pills and it can’t come soon enough. I’m on 2.5 pumps of Estrogel. Does anyone else take Utrogestan like this (25/3) whilst still peri?

Katherine

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2022, 06:01:13 PM »

Hi Vive, I'm 46 and in peri and my GP told me I could do 25/3. It was just the timing I wasn't sure about.

Vive

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2022, 07:19:23 PM »

Thanks Katherine. Do you mind me asking why you decided to take the prog this way? Instead of the usual two weeks on two weeks off for peri? I’m also wondering if tell my GP I’m struggling during the weeks I’m not taking the Prog if she will suggest this way of taking it instead and if I’m doing so will I still get the benefits on the lower dose 🤔
I actually dread coming off it now as I know my symptoms will be back with a vengeance 🤦🏼‍♀️
How are you feeling on the continuous Prog yourself?
Vive x

Ellie O

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2022, 08:51:51 PM »

Hi Vive. I was taking 25/3 when I was peri because of sleep benefits. I was sleeping so well on progesterone.

Vive

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2022, 10:22:59 PM »

Ellie O that’s good to know, hopefully my GP will give me the thumbs up, I sleep well on Prog too, although I do have much more vivid dreams which is interesting.

Wondering if I need to bother the GP with this or just trial it myself 🤔
Pages: [1] 2