Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Anxiety! Does it go.  (Read 686 times)

Strawbell

• First Flush
Anxiety! Does it go.
« on: December 01, 2022, 09:35:56 AM »

Hi I have always suffered with anxiety on and off in the past. But started on HRT for a number of issues and I am still geeting the waves of anxiety. Does anyone else get this. I need posiitve stories that it will pass. I don't have low mood just not myself. Definitely hormonal compared to my other anxiety.

Wakes me up on a morning. Started on Day 5 of my cycle. I might start a diary to see whether it occurs on certain days!

discogirl

Re: Anxiety! Does it go.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 09:53:35 AM »

Hi Strawbell.

I'm 4 years post meno, had no symptoms through peri or anything, however in february of this year my hormones fell off a cliff.

I started hrt in august and had absolutely crippling anxiety along with chronic insomia. The anxiety was such that I was afraid to go out on my own.

I started on patches and I am now on gel, and although I still have a long way to go, I can honestly say that my anxiety is much better. I've also found that eating little and often also helps to regulate things like blood sugars.

We're all with you strawbell, lots and lots of us suffer with anxiety so you're not alone. Take care xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Anxiety! Does it go.
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2022, 05:32:48 PM »

Anxiety is the pits! 

Strawbell - have the symptoms started to ease on the regime?  I've had anxiety since the age of 3 and have appropriate medication to help.  Bachs mouth rescue remedy might help; gentle exercise; eating regularly to stop any surges; relaxation therapy ..........

But when it hits, it is crippling  :o  :'(

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use to chart progress.