Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Health anxiety  (Read 887 times)

Curlygirl

Health anxiety
« on: December 01, 2022, 07:05:31 AM »

Morning Ladies

How many of you suffer from health anxiety? I’ve been ‘dying’ from many an illness over the past 12 months. Even having my period and it be a little different, which it obviously will be at this stage of life, absolutely freaks me out.

What do you do to help with this issue?

I also suffer with general anxiety too. I wake at about half 3 - 4 am and it starts to build. Can’t settle then and end up having to get up and pace about the house/do things to pass the time

Much love ladies in this difficult time ❤️

Lyncola

Re: Health anxiety
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 07:51:09 AM »

Hi Curlygirl
Yes ever since menopause (about to start my 5th year) I have health anxiety. Doctor Google does not help, from a problem that would never bother me, sends me into a panic. All of 2021 I was at my doctors weekly if not two times a week, if I made it two weeks it was a miracle. I also suffered depression badly last year too.
One of my health problems was facial pains and headaches over hundred times a day some days. I now think of that problem as a blessing. I ended up at a neurologist, I’m now on 100mg a day of amitriptyline, my depression is gone and my health anxiety is easier to live with. I’ve only seen my doctor a handful of times this year. You’re not alone, I was lucky enough to answer a messenger message from an American lady asking for help. We share the same health problems and help each other deal with our health problems. It’s now turned into a great friendship, we message every day and plan to meet in the future.
I still have health anxiety, but due to medication and a friendship, I’m managing to deal and live with it.
Hang in there  :)

Curlygirl

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2022, 10:10:23 AM »

Hi Curlygirl
Yes ever since menopause (about to start my 5th year) I have health anxiety. Doctor Google does not help, from a problem that would never bother me, sends me into a panic. All of 2021 I was at my doctors weekly if not two times a week, if I made it two weeks it was a miracle. I also suffered depression badly last year too.
One of my health problems was facial pains and headaches over hundred times a day some days. I now think of that problem as a blessing. I ended up at a neurologist, I’m now on 100mg a day of amitriptyline, my depression is gone and my health anxiety is easier to live with. I’ve only seen my doctor a handful of times this year. You’re not alone, I was lucky enough to answer a messenger message from an American lady asking for help. We share the same health problems and help each other deal with our health problems. It’s now turned into a great friendship, we message every day and plan to meet in the future.
I still have health anxiety, but due to medication and a friendship, I’m managing to deal and live with it.
Hang in there  :)

What a great outcome you’ve had. Nice to know that is does get better ❤️

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2022, 01:48:55 PM »

HA is the pits,think a lot of us suffer from it on here,we started a thread on "the funny side of menopause" called what have you diagnosed yourself with,if you look at it,you'll see what a bunch we are,it should give you a giggle too(if your up for it)  :)

Curlygirl

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2022, 04:03:33 PM »

HA is the pits,think a lot of us suffer from it on here,we started a thread on "the funny side of menopause" called what have you diagnosed yourself with,if you look at it,you'll see what a bunch we are,it should give you a giggle too(if your up for it)  :)

I shall have a look at that, thank you 😊