Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Newbie to HRT  (Read 732 times)

Natural Lady

• First Flush
Newbie to HRT
« on: December 01, 2022, 02:55:27 PM »

Dear Ladies

I’m 61 and had menopause about 10 years ago. 

I’ve had several flare ups of VA over the years.

Although I’ve been offered Estrogen cream in the past, I decided against it and managed with Balance Activ pessaries and cream.  However, this most current flare was so painful I went to the chemist for MyGina (which I’d read about). The very nice pharmacist referred me back to my doctor due to family history.

I had a good chat with my Doctor who thought Vagirux would be both safe and helpful.  Got my prescription but reading the leaflet with all the possible side effects was plain scary!

So I’m thinking of sticking with Balance Active (plus Mannose Waterfall and/or Cannesten as these flare ups are often preceded by a flare up of IBS - which I have as well - lucky me.   

Unless anyone has tried alternative Hyaluronic pessaries that they found better than Balance Active?

Help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you x

Ayesha

Re: Newbie to HRT
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 04:06:21 PM »

First thing to do is don't take any notice of what's written in the leaflet, its completely out of date. I would urge you to search for Vaginal Atrophy on here, you will find it very educational.

I can only speak for myself but unless you replace the oestrogen that you are losing down below, you will always suffer with VA flare ups.
I tried going down the alternative route, they didn't work with my symptoms becoming chronic which had me crawling back to the doctors asking for treatment.

I use Vagifem pessaries, Ovestin cream topically and Sylk moisturiser daily. I am now VA free, but it soon returns if I leave off the treatment.

Natural Lady

• First Flush
Re: Newbie to HRT
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2022, 06:10:12 PM »

Thank you x