Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel to FemSeven anyone?  (Read 2191 times)

ajw928

• First Flush
Oestrogel to FemSeven anyone?
« on: November 21, 2022, 01:15:32 PM »

Hello,
Please could I ask for some help. I've searched forum. I'm on the supposedly 'best' regime but no wow moment for me!
I'm 56, been going through menopause for what I now realise is a very long time! Similar to alot of ladies on here, got to a very sad place before I (and my GP) realised.
My GP (although in early years prescribed AD) the last few years has become much more informed and (compared to some horror stories) has been doing her best to help me.
 Had 3 coils over 15 years no problem, then had irregular smear. So after 2 colposcopys (Jan 2022) my GP tried to fit another coil. Absolute agony, both GP and I were so shocked. Got it in eventually and I left shaking and in tears. So much pain during insertion and for weeks after and I could feel it in there all the time so after a month she said it wasn't right and took it out.
11 months trialling gel and Utro. Currently on 4 pumps gel and alternate Utro vaginally (4 months). Night panic attacks and flushes gone but all the other symptoms remain. Still waking up during night. Not slept through for years. Still extreme tiredness, headaches, low mood, joint aches, nausea and period like stomach pains. I'm sure some of these would improve if I could only sleep through.
GP has suggested I either try switching to something different like FemSeven conti patches or we try putting coil in again with local anaesthetic (but I am very afraid to do this now after the pain). I see Femseven conti has same progesteron as coil, so I was okay with that but only a fraction of the oestrogen that gel has.
Will FemSeven be enough oestrogen, equivalent to the 4 pumps gel I'm on?
I know alot go from patches to gel but has anyone gone from gel to FemSeven?
Can you use two patches at once?
Thanks for any replies, I'm getting a bit desperate. Like so many, I'm so sick of feeling unwell and the daily impact it has. All the research and trial and error is exhausting in itself but don't want to give up yet. Sorry for long post.

Tinkerbell

Re: Oestrogel to FemSeven anyone?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2022, 01:29:38 PM »

I went from Oestrogel ( 3 pumps) to Femseven Conti (my Mirena coil needed replacing) but only for a month as i got a bad reaction to adhesive after 3 weeks. So obviously wasn't too long a trial, but my symptoms were no worse on the lower dose of the Femseven. I was a bit disappointed as i found that they stuck really well and Oestrogel is a bit of a pain waiting for it to dry.

I then went private so i could get the Mirena and go back on Oestrogel.

ajw928

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2022, 03:16:09 PM »

Thank you Tinkerbell, that's positive. What a shame for you with the adhesive reaction! I've seen a few posts about that. Good to hear they stick well though too, as a few patches aren't so great at staying put I believe.
I don't like the gel drying polava either but if only it works I'll do anything :)

Ruralrach

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2022, 08:51:17 AM »

Hi,I really liked Femseven as it seemed great to start with but after a month the patch made my skin itchy &red.I had to stop as the skin blistered.Again it's trial &error.So good luck withit.