Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: 4am wide awake club!  (Read 785 times)

Raykay

4am wide awake club!
« on: December 02, 2022, 04:37:23 AM »

Anyone else?!

Feeling a bit fed up… I am mostly waking up between 4&5am apart from the odd day when I’m so exhausted I manage to sleep a bit more..also though my temp regulation was better but last weekend when I was walking around in a tshirt when everyone else was in coats and jumpers, I realised I’m just coping better because it’s not summer  ;D

Obviously I need to have a conversation with the gp… curious where I go next as now.

HRT History:
Evorel Patches and uterogestan (days 15-26) started in Feb - I had 6 weeks ish of feeling great then a steady decline since then, despite increasing Evorel dose - now on 100, which I think is the maximum..I’m peri & still having periods but they are very light and only happening every other month.

jorainbow

Re: 4am wide awake club!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2022, 05:13:32 AM »

Hi. Cortisol is highest at this time which doesnt help. When I suffered with anxiety this was my normal! Relaxation before bed, no food in the 2hrs before, no TV or phone etc all helped. I also don't worry if I do wake up at that time. Pop a back to sleep meditation on and usually I drift back off. If not I  give it 15 mins then get up. I think the key thing is sleep hygiene and not raising cortisol levels more by tossing and turning  x

Raykay

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2022, 07:24:45 AM »

Hi Jorainbow
I’m pretty good with my sleep hygiene, I don’t wake up feeling anxious or worried, just wide awake, and often thirsty, and hungry, and then I need the loo…. by the time I feel sleepy again it’s usually time to get up! Really feeling the exhaustion at the moment!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2022, 08:35:32 AM »

I am knackered most mornings due to busy dreams  >:(

R U drinking more in general as this may be a sign of early onset Stage2 diabetes.  Do U sleep with gob wide open 'cos this will cause thirst.  Have U tried the 3 hourly eating regime 24/7, to stop that hunger dip in the early hours? 

Raykay

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2022, 12:13:33 PM »

Hi CLKD
I can’t really remember the last time I had a dream!  ;D. I think I light sleep most of the time…
I Don’t think there has been much of a change in my thirst - I had an HBA1C a year ago and that was normal, I suspect I sweat a lot at night and that makes me thirsty- I don’t sleep with my mouth open, but I do now grind my teeth so my jaw is often a bit achy when I wake…don’t know anything about the 3 hourly regime- will look into that - thank you for all of your suggestions!
Suspect it’s largely hormone related as I had a period of time where my sleep was fantastic, just after starting HRT and now I have loads of other symptoms back including rubbish sleep  :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2022, 01:56:15 PM »

Bugga .......... when we have dark nights when cuddling up under a warm blanket could be bliss  ::)