Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: what dose of estrogen  (Read 3117 times)

discogirl

what dose of estrogen
« on: November 28, 2022, 06:24:27 PM »

i hope this isnt too intrusive but i was just wondering what dose of estrogen some post meno ladies are on.

thanks x

Dotty

Re: what dose of estrogen
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 06:56:26 PM »

4 pumps of Oestrogel

Marchlove

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2022, 06:59:27 PM »

Combined 0.25 estradiol and 1mg estriol called Biest.  No Vagifem etc. Age 65

Tinkerbell

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2022, 07:02:16 PM »

Just upped Oestrogel from 3 to 4 pumps, think i am 7 years post meno.

discogirl

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2022, 07:11:42 PM »

thanks so much ladies. im just curious to know what other post meno ladies are on.

thanks so much xxx

jaydee

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2022, 05:04:58 PM »

2  and a half pumps of oestrogel and I’m 68 years.

discogirl

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2022, 05:14:21 PM »

thank you so much jaydee xx

Cassie

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2022, 07:50:24 PM »

1 pump of gel since I went through early meno at 40 am almost 60

discogirl

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2022, 07:53:43 PM »

thank you so much cassie for your reply xxx

Furyan

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2022, 09:09:34 PM »

Hi - I’m new to the forum and just saw your post with interest…
For context, I’m post menopausal and began my HRT journey in March this year. I’ve had quite a journey with calibrating the types and dosages of both progesterone and estrogen - my current ‘experiment’ is with Evorel Conti (half a patch, which equates to 0.025mg estrogen alongside a progestan). This low dose has cut out all hot flushes, palpitations and bad sleep in less than one week, however I’m having add to this with a tincy blob of estrogel (from my previous regime) practically every day to eradicate the joint pains. It’s amazing how powerful an effect a tiny amount of these hormones can have! So far so good, but I see many ladies have to eventually increase their dosage of estrogen. Am so hoping I don’t have to though - as that will also mean potentially increasing the progesterone component which causes most of my HRT side effects!

discogirl

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2022, 10:20:38 AM »

Hi - I’m new to the forum and just saw your post with interest…
For context, I’m post menopausal and began my HRT journey in March this year. I’ve had quite a journey with calibrating the types and dosages of both progesterone and estrogen - my current ‘experiment’ is with Evorel Conti (half a patch, which equates to 0.025mg estrogen alongside a progestan). This low dose has cut out all hot flushes, palpitations and bad sleep in less than one week, however I’m having add to this with a tincy blob of estrogel (from my previous regime) practically every day to eradicate the joint pains. It’s amazing how powerful an effect a tiny amount of these hormones can have! So far so good, but I see many ladies have to eventually increase their dosage of estrogen. Am so hoping I don’t have to though - as that will also mean potentially increasing the progesterone component which causes most of my HRT side effects!

Hi Furyan

:welcomemm:

You'll find lots of very helpful information on here.

Thank you so much for your post.

I'm 4 years post meno, and had no problematic symptoms until february this year when everything quite literally fell off a cliff.

I then experienced everything, insomnia, anxiety even tinnitus!!!

I started hrt in august and the reason for my post was I was quite interested in the different doses post menopause women needed to keep their symptoms under control. I know there's no 'magic dose' as it is quite individual.

You're on a low dose, but it's great that such a low dose manages to keep all your symptoms at bay.

Keep checking out the forum as there really is such a lot of very helpful advice.

Thanks once again for your reply, take care x

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2022, 10:48:51 AM »

I’m currently trialling 2.5 pumps in a morning and 1 in the evening.  I’m not sure if I’m still peri or if I’m post yet.

Earlier in the year, I was doing well on 3 am pumps and 3 pm pumps! Even reduced down to 3 & 2. Then Covid hit, gel changes and shortages, and not really been properly right since.

sheila99

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2022, 10:59:44 AM »

100 patch, probably post meno now. I'm curious if the idea that post meno we need less is based on fact or fiction. Every time I've tried to reduce my symptoms return.

Mary G

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2022, 12:03:30 PM »

1 slightly generous pump of Oestrogel.   Now that I'm 61, I can get away with a lower dose and hopefully this will more or less be my regime for life unless a different, better product comes along.

discogirl

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2022, 05:51:30 PM »

100 patch, probably post meno now. I'm curious if the idea that post meno we need less is based on fact or fiction. Every time I've tried to reduce my symptoms return.

hi sheila99

how far post meno are you x
Pages: [1] 2