Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: what dose of estrogen  (Read 3116 times)

discogirl

Re: what dose of estrogen
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2022, 05:52:48 PM »

1 slightly generous pump of Oestrogel.   Now that I'm 61, I can get away with a lower dose and hopefully this will more or less be my regime for life unless a different, better product comes along.

hi maryG

thanks for your reply.

presumably the one pump keeps your symptoms at bay x

Mary G

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2022, 06:36:27 PM »

discogirl, yes, I'm about 15 years post menopause and I. find that dose of Oestrogel keeps symptoms at bay and it gives me a blood level of 77 pg/mL (about 282 pmol) which is a reasonable level - I actually received the latest results by email today.

I needed considerably more 10 years ago to combat the sweating and I was somewhere in the 800s.

discogirl

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2022, 06:54:45 PM »

discogirl, yes, I'm about 15 years post menopause and I. find that dose of Oestrogel keeps symptoms at bay and it gives me a blood level of 77 pg/mL (about 282 pmol) which is a reasonable level - I actually received the latest results by email today.

I needed considerably more 10 years ago to combat the sweating and I was somewhere in the 800s.

hi maryG

my hormones quite literally fell off a cliff earlier this year.

im currently on 3 and a bit pumps of oestrogel.

its just really interesting to see what doses other post meno ladies are on.

of course age and how far down post meno they are and otber factors contribute x

Furyan

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2022, 02:56:29 PM »

Discogirl - don’t know how to quote you directly, but thanks for your warm welcome! I agree this forum is really helpful with tons of information and support. Somehow I don’t feel so isolated on this journey!

Yes, I realise that cutting the Evorel Conti patch in half gives me a low dose, I decided to go slow due to the horrible side effects from Utrogestan on the previous regime. I suspect I’ll have to increase to a full or 3/4 patch though because of the mild joint pain which gets better after taking some of the oestrogel I have left over. Clearly I’d benefit from a tad more oestrogen! I was surprised such a low dose of Conti has sorted all the other symptoms for now though - especially as they were horrendous and made me end up in A&E twice already this year!

discogirl

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2022, 04:00:48 PM »

Discogirl - don’t know how to quote you directly, but thanks for your warm welcome! I agree this forum is really helpful with tons of information and support. Somehow I don’t feel so isolated on this journey!

Yes, I realise that cutting the Evorel Conti patch in half gives me a low dose, I decided to go slow due to the horrible side effects from Utrogestan on the previous regime. I suspect I’ll have to increase to a full or 3/4 patch though because of the mild joint pain which gets better after taking some of the oestrogel I have left over. Clearly I’d benefit from a tad more oestrogen! I was surprised such a low dose of Conti has sorted all the other symptoms for now though - especially as they were horrendous and made me end up in A&E twice already this year!

Im so very glad the estrogen is working for you Furyan.

I have been ok on the gel but just yesterday after trying to go from 3 and bit pumps of oestrogel to 4 had my old symptoms back. Anxiety (which had went) and my sleep which had improved greatly slipped back last night also.

Pages: 1 [2]