Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Vaginal Utrogestan  (Read 865 times)

Strawbell

• First Flush
Vaginal Utrogestan
« on: November 28, 2022, 12:45:48 PM »

HI

I spoke to my dr today who now thinks I have completely lost the plot.

I am 100% progesterone intolerant and so started taken the utrogestan vagainally. I know there are lots of people on here who do this. But he is saying if I use my oral utrogestan vaginally it wont work and is definitely not meant to be used that way. Does anyone have any links??? Ive been looking for an hr but can't find anything. :-\ :-\

Thanks All!

discogirl

Re: Vaginal Utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 12:57:52 PM »

hi strawbell

i use utro vaginally 100mg every night.

when i asked my gp if i could use it this way he said he didnt know and he would check it out. he came back to me and said its used off licence in the uk this way but its ok. lots of medication is used off licence for various things.

i believe france and the rest of europe use it way this way and have a licence to do so.

since its use is for your uterus lining using it vaginally is better as its getting directly to where its meant to and as your bypassing digestive tract your not getting all the metabollic by products. so side effects are less.

i believe hurdity and other very experienced ladies have put some good posts out about this.

take care x

Mary G

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2022, 01:15:03 PM »

Oh dear, your doctor is completely wrong and it actually says oral or vaginal on the box. 

You very definitely can use it vaginally.

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2022, 03:09:37 PM »

It's only licensed orally in the UK though the 20mg capsules (the same apart from the dose) are licensed only for IVF and only vaginally. He isn't watching how you take it.. (I hope  ;)...

Strawbell

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2022, 09:32:16 AM »

Thank you finally got this sorted. The menopause clinic wrote to dr and sorted it!

discogirl

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2022, 09:49:34 AM »

Thank you finally got this sorted. The menopause clinic wrote to dr and sorted it!

Hi Strawbell,

Glad you got it sorted x