Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan: sequi to continuous WTF  (Read 698 times)

Anglichanka

Utrogestan: sequi to continuous WTF
« on: November 30, 2022, 06:30:01 PM »

hello all.
Last week my GP told me that as I have been on HRT for 6 years (!) I am now officially post-menopausal (though of course like with most things menopause, that's a guess) and need to switch from sequential HRT to continuous. So, before I was on 200mg utrogestan, taken vaginally, 12 days a month. Estradot 200mcg, twice a week.

I'm now on 100mg utrogestan, daily (taken at night).

I was happy to switch because although I react badly to progesterone -- massive mood drop, bleakness, the usual -- I usually adapt after a couple of days and am OK. So I thought that with a continuous regime, I wouldn't get the adjustment awfulness.

Today is a Wednesday, which means new Estradot patches, which usually means a good day. It has been awful. One of the worst. I had to retreat to a dark room with an eye mask and earplugs to shut everything out. It feels like it has come from nowhere but I can only think it's the Utrogestan.

But why did it happen today and not yesterday or the day before or any day since I switched to continuous (last week)? Nothing triggered it. Is it a build-up of progesterone? Will it always happen or will I settle down?

Has anyone else had mood upheavals when switching to continuous?

AnnaA22

• First Flush
Re: Utrogestan: sequi to continuous WTF
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 06:29:49 AM »

Hiya, I’m in a similar position, but on different meds.  I’ve not had mood swings, but I’m already on anxiety meds and still feel low and anxious all of the time.  The only change I’ve noticed is some breakthrough bleeding.  Hope this eases quickly for you.

Anglichanka

Re: Utrogestan: sequi to continuous WTF
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2022, 12:14:37 PM »

Thanks Anna. Yesterday was horrific: i needed total sensory deprivation to get through the day (dark room, no noise, no nothing) but today is better. I just wish this wasn't a constant guessing game. Sorry you also feel low and anxious.