Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hormone changes around 'period'....  (Read 617 times)

alibeau

Hormone changes around 'period'....
« on: December 08, 2022, 10:38:33 AM »

I'm still trying to understand my body and what is going on!!!

So I am 50, on Oestrogel 3 pumps and Utrogestan 2 oral tablets 14 nights out of 28.

I had trouble with the whole 'amber/green' Oestrogel saga (if it is actually a thing!?) but when I switched back onto Amber this time I did feel some benefits but was experiencing daily headaches, dry eyes, nausea on waking and feeling a bit low.

I have just started my bleed for this month, so I am due to finish my Utrogestan on Saturday night and I feel as though a lot of my lingering symptoms have been relived by my period starting?

Is this possible or just coincidence, I do seem to think I have experienced this once before?

I'm just wondering what happens with my hormones (if anything?) when my bleed starts?

Huge thanks.

Ali x

Kathleen

Re: Hormone changes around 'period'....
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2022, 05:15:05 PM »

Hello Alibeau

I can't help with your question unfortunately but I was a bit confused by your post and others may be too ( or maybe it's just me as I am easily confused after all.)

You say that your lingering symptoms have been 'relived' by your period starting and I'm  not sure what you mean. Are you saying that your symptoms have increased and have been revived or have they been relieved by your period?  It's probably a typing error but anyone trying to answer your question would be interested to know what you have experienced.

Take care.

K.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hormone changes around 'period'....
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2022, 05:19:26 PM »

Symptoms will rise and fall with hormones, pre and after a bleed begins. 

Keeping a mood/food/symptom diary may be of use.  I never related my moods, anger, 1 week of feeling OK to hormone upheaval, it was something 'normal' for me during my menstruating years.  Weeping the night B4 a bleed began even if a period wasn't due.  Rages to the point of kicking doors in the days leading up to my period.

Your hormones may be over riding the HRT which can be 'normal' for some ladies.  Any hints in the leaflet with the HRT?