Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: 3.5 months on Evorel Conti and… anyone else?  (Read 1163 times)

flossie fiddler

3.5 months on Evorel Conti and… anyone else?
« on: November 28, 2022, 09:53:52 AM »

I’ve been on Evorel Conti for 3.5 months after a 2.5 year break from HRT. I’m 57, and post menopause.

Have been having bleeds every 2 weeks. I know that bleeding is normal at first and can last for up to 6 months. It’s like a normal period for around 5 days and doesn’t bother me, as everything else about the therapy is brilliant and I’ve got my life back.

I’m due for my review in 2 weeks, and want to go to my menopause appt armed with info for discussion.

Has anyone else had this on Conti and it’s settled down eventually? Or do you think there is some tweaking to be done? I would even consider Sequi so that I know when my cycle is.

Any suggestions of what I can research before I go, or any advice and experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dotty

Re: 3.5 months on Evorel Conti and… anyone else?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 10:20:55 AM »

Hi I’d suggest changing to an oestrogen patch or gel and use Utrogestan for the progesterone. It could be the norethisterone in the Evorel Conti that’s not suiting you. xx

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2022, 04:41:37 PM »

I had constant bleeding with conti no matter which type I tried and after six months rent back on to a sequi regime for a predictable bleed.

Taz x

flossie fiddler

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2022, 07:13:55 PM »

Thanks Taz, I’m open to doing this. Do you mind if I ask your age?

I had constant bleeding with conti no matter which type I tried and after six months rent back on to a sequi regime for a predictable bleed.

Taz x

MSmile

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2022, 06:09:06 PM »

I’ve been on everol conti for 7 months with bleeding once or twice a month and spotting in between. I’m starting oestrogel and utrogestan tonight continuous to see if that works better.  The bleeding did get less as time went on but I never felt as good on them as I did with the gel. (Previously had gel cyclically till the shortage when I changed to patches.) Had scan and all ok with womb lining.

Furyan

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2022, 11:42:32 AM »

Hi - I moved on to evorel conti just days ago as I couldn’t get on with the estrogel/utrogestan combination. I worked out that the progesterone was the main culprit of my extreme bloating and weight gain and eventually irritability etc. Hoping that conti at half the dose (I’m taking half a patch) will not only help symptoms but also help calm the weight gain!

As you’re inside the 6 month window, I’d suggest waiting to see of it calms (if you can bear it!). I’m praying I don’t have a bleeding problem on conti as that brings a whole raft of other issues, but I’d be willing to wait it out and see if it means a relief from my previous regime  :-\

Kathleen

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2022, 01:27:14 PM »

Hello flossie fiddler.

I had some bleeding on 75mcg patch years ago and more recently on both Oestrogel and Sandrena gel.  On every occasion investigations showed that there wasn't a problem so the conclusion was that the bleeds were being caused by the HRT. I was told to reduce the Oestrogen dose and the bleeding quickly resolved along with any breast tenderness. I was also told that the medics are concerned if bleeding exceeds six months so you are wise to prepare a plan B if things don't settle and you want to stay on your current dose of Oestrogen. Forewarned is forearmed as they say!

Wishing you well and take care.

K.

Amerififer

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2022, 08:42:04 AM »

Hiya,
I started on Everol Conti 50 in May. Had some very minor spotting the first month or two. None since. It seems to be working well for me. :)   
Everyone is different tho, you may need to try a different dose or even different HRT regime.

AnneS

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2022, 10:08:20 PM »

Hi
I've been on Evorel Conti since last November and like you , had regular bleeds every 2 weeks! As this went on past the 6 month mark , I was sent for scans of my womb lining, which were all fine and the bleeding completely stopped after about 8 months ! Hope this reassures! X

flossie fiddler

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2022, 10:49:32 AM »

Thanks all. I had my consultation today and am starting on oestrogen patches with Utogestan for 25 days out of 28 days at night. I've been on HRT for 4 months so far and have an 18 day cycle of 2 weeks no bleed then a bleed. It's definitely regular.

Will see how the new therapy goes. Will report back

Kathleen

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2022, 04:15:00 PM »

Hello again ladies.

Flossie fiddler. Thank you for the update.
I remember you being very pleased with the results from your Conti regime and it's a pity that bleeding caused a problem.
I assume the major change is that you will be using Utrogestan for the prog part of your HRT?

Take care and let us know how you get on.

K.

flossie fiddler

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2022, 01:18:28 AM »

Hi Kathleen, yes Utrogestan for the progesterone and Evorel Sequi for the oestrogen. Fingers crossed it helps with the bleeding. Will report back.

Hello again ladies.

Flossie fiddler. Thank you for the update.
I remember you being very pleased with the results from your Conti regime and it's a pity that bleeding caused a problem.
I assume the major change is that you will be using Utrogestan for the prog part of your HRT?

Take care and let us know how you get on.

K.