Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Cutting evorel sequi patches  (Read 924 times)

Miss piggy

Cutting evorel sequi patches
« on: November 18, 2022, 10:34:05 AM »

Hi all
How small have you managed to cut your evorel 50 and conti patches.
I would like to wean off but due to other meds I need to do it slowly.
Many thanks
MP

Flossieteacake

Re: Cutting evorel sequi patches
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2022, 10:37:02 AM »

When using Evorel patches I have cut them in quarters.

Miss piggy

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2022, 10:48:18 AM »

Hi Flossie
Both kinds? The estrogen and the estrogen/progesterone ones?
Do you think we could cut them smaller and it would be okay?

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2022, 10:49:56 AM »

Hi Flossie
Both kinds? The estrogen and the estrogen/progesterone ones?
Do you think we could cut them smaller and it would be okay?

I have only been on Oestrogen patches. I believe they should be cut diagonal. I would not go smaller then a quarter as it is so fiddly and difficult to get the backing off them. Sorry, I have no idea about the combined patches.

Miss piggy

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2022, 10:57:49 AM »

Thank you Flossie. Hopefully someone will be able to tell us about if they cut the conti patch

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2022, 11:00:02 AM »

Thank you Flossie. Hopefully someone will be able to tell us about if they cut the conti patch

I hope so. I did google it but could not really find an answer.

Meno72

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2022, 09:48:41 PM »

Hi Miss Piggy,

I started on Evorel Conti about 12 weeks ago. I was prescribed the lowest dose and because I was experiencing increased migraines with my peri menopause I cut my patch into quarters,  diagonally. I had great results for about a month then some symptoms came back such as night time anxiety and restless legs,  so I have been gradually increasing and am now on a half patch. I have been having some headache and neurological symptoms but I'm hoping these settle down soon and had put these down to the increase. I feel like I have traded one set of symptoms for another but I do feel 100%better in terms of all the peri symptoms I was experiencing, and I haven't had a migraine since I started the patches and I was having them every week or 2 without. Hope this helps!

Miss piggy

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2022, 10:12:27 PM »

Hi Miss Piggy,

I started on Evorel Conti about 12 weeks ago. I was prescribed the lowest dose and because I was experiencing increased migraines with my peri menopause I cut my patch into quarters,  diagonally. I had great results for about a month then some symptoms came back such as night time anxiety and restless legs,  so I have been gradually increasing and am now on a half patch. I have been having some headache and neurological symptoms but I'm hoping these settle down soon and had put these down to the increase. I feel like I have traded one set of symptoms for another but I do feel 100%better in terms of all the peri symptoms I was experiencing, and I haven't had a migraine since I started the patches and I was having them every week or 2 without. Hope this helps!

Thank you meno72. Could you expand on your neurological symptoms or PM please. Good that your migrane are lifting.

Meno72

• First Flush
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2022, 09:08:00 AM »

Hi Miss Piggy,

Thank you meno72. Could you expand on your neurological symptoms or PM please. Good that your migrane are lifting.

Thanks Miss Piggy, yes, so much better that the migraines are easing off. The PM symptoms I was having up until I started HRT were GERD & IBS type issues, intense heat, no night sweats but on waking my body would be on fire and this would reappear through the day to varying degrees, flashes of rage, crying very easily or no emotions at all, waking through the night with restless legs and panic/anxiety, if I managed to sleep through I would wake up and feel like I had only slept for an hour, depression, paranoia, tinnitus, migraine and headaches a plenty in between. They were the worst of it but I also had body zaps, constant aching joints, no libido and fatigue, bloating, also craving sugar more than usual. The neuro symptoms I have are pins and needles, pressure in my head going down the front of my face, limbs feeling as if they are going to pins and needles but don't and of course migraine. I think I may have been having silent migraine though and this could be what these symptoms are related to when I increase the patch. I was referred to a neurologist but have been waiting for this since May. I also struggle to exercise as this seems to bring the migraine on as well. Hope this helps and that all goes well with your patch reduction  :)

Hurdity

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2022, 02:04:41 PM »

No need to cut patches diagonally - to me that gives more pointy cut edges to come unstuck. I cut mine longitudinally so that I can still peel off the backing easily, so you have a rectangle rather than a triangle and I slightly round off the edges too

Hurdity x

Miss piggy

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2022, 02:23:45 PM »

No need to cut patches diagonally - to me that gives more pointy cut edges to come unstuck. I cut mine longitudinally so that I can still peel off the backing easily, so you have a rectangle rather than a triangle and I slightly round off the edges too

Hurdity x

Thank you Hurdity. Are you cutting evorel patches - 50 and conti? Are you doing half quarter or another size? X