Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Problems again on hrt  (Read 706 times)

Jan1234

Problems again on hrt
« on: November 28, 2022, 12:08:10 PM »

Hello again was hoping i wouldn't be on here again for a while looking for advice a brief account of whats been going on is i was on a sequel hrt till 2018 then went on to kliofem conti i was ok on that but had a few spots of bleeding and when investigated i had cervical polyps they was removed and spotting stopped, then beg of this year my gp asked me to try oestrogel and ultrogeston she said it was safer so i tried i bled for nearly 8 months on  that hrt so was refered back to gynecology had a hyposcopy which was all ok no mkre polyos, lining showed 7mm which was 11 mm 8 months befire that ahe suggested i go back on my old hrt kliofem that was September which i did, been fine no bleeding or spotting since until 2 weeks ago, im getting everyday when i wipe im having dark brown smudges on the paper, i was checked out September so i know everything is ok but whaf to do next my gp will say like before mirena coil, im 58 i really dont want to have one im scared that im going still have thia problem if i have one any one else had this probkem or is it a side effect to conti hrt, alsio i spoke to my gp and gynecology about going back on sequel and they said def not at 58, i cant go on like this and i cant live without hrt ive tried coming off it in the past and im a mess any ideas please would be gratfull thanks

sheila99

Re: Problems again on hrt
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 03:24:03 PM »

It's your choice to use a sequi regime, I still do at 62 because I get fatigue on utro. If you can't argue the case I'd suggest going back on gel and utro and doing it as sequi, the amount of utro you use is the same so they don't need to know (200mg x 12 days). I think there is a very slight increased cancer risk this was but I've decided I'll take the risk rather than be doped every day, the nhs meno clinic are OK with it.
 I went on hrt aged 57 in peri so conti at 58 would definitely have been too soon for me. Sadly it's the level of ignorance amongst some GPs.

KatyB

Re: Problems again on hrt
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2022, 09:23:11 PM »

Yep, I'm another who's sticking with sequi due to continuous bleeding when I try continuous utro....