Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: HRT for GSM  (Read 837 times)

CatsMum

• First Flush
HRT for GSM
« on: November 25, 2022, 09:01:33 PM »

Hi...first real post here. Excuse me if it sounds like an essay.
I'm 71. I had an early menopause at 45 and had Femoston HRT for ten years before my GP refused to give me any more.
For 7 years I have been on vaginal estriol. GSM took me completely by surprise. I never knew an oestrogen denied body could do such horrid things.
BUT it's fairly suddenly stopped working. My GP has changed the Estriol to Estradiol 10mcg pessaries and has given me Evorel 50 patches twice a week with 100mg Utrogestan capsules nightly.
I still suffer with hot flashes so the systemic HRT will hopefully help with that. It certainly feels strange to be having it after nearly 17 years.
I'm not really asking a question here but I think I'm bound to sooner or later.
I'm actually quite excited thinking I might feel a little younger again...Is that expecting too much? Who knows?

Joaniepat

Re: HRT for GSM
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2022, 09:13:18 PM »

Good luck with the new treatments, I think you will feel better overall. I took systemic oestrogen after a TAH/BSO at 47, but then had it snatched away by a new GP at 54. It was downhill all the way until I got it back about 14 years later. Vagifem is good stuff!
Best wishes
JP x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: HRT for GSM
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2022, 09:20:04 AM »

Morning.  Vaginal atrophy treatment can be used every night if necessary.  Some find that 'ovestin' or 'yes' or 'sylc' moisturisers of use.  Let us know how you get on.  When I get the need2P I take 2 'nurofen' 3 times a day to ease the 'nip'  :o as the urine flow stops.

:welcomemm:  browse round.  Make notes.