Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Stopped continuous HRT and back to sequi  (Read 987 times)

patti

Stopped continuous HRT and back to sequi
« on: November 23, 2022, 05:43:23 PM »

Hi ladies,
After being on sequi HRT 2x oestrogel & 2 x 100mg utrogestan for 12 days (since I was 57- now 62)
I came off due to pending hernia op ( the hospital insisted) - ALL of symptoms came back  :(
Thought I would try continuous regime 1x oestrogel and 1x 100mg utrogestan every night, as the bleeds cause me to lack ferritin and I have to taken iron tablets.

This lasted 14 days before the spotting and then the bleeding started - do I go back to Sequi routine or persist through ( have been getting a lot more headaches ) and think at my age , do I still want bleeds - confused 🫤
I could not believe how many of the symptoms came back ; insomnia/ bladder incontinence/joint pain/ and the hot flushes and don’t won’t to go back there …….

Any advice welcome

Dotty

Re: Stopped continuous HRT and back to sequi
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2022, 07:53:15 PM »

It can take a few months to settle on a continuous hrt. Give it time xxx

patti

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2022, 11:21:21 PM »

Thankyou Dotty,
I think I’m going to resume my original routine -Oestrogel 1x pump and utrogestan 2x100mg for 12 days I know it means a regular bleed but at least I know when it will happen - and at my age I can’t do the unknown bleeding - stick with what I know ☺️

Don’t know how long I can continue HRT - as last time I went for mammogram- was told “ you can’t stay on HRT forever” ☹️

Clarella

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2022, 06:28:50 PM »

I went to conti earlier this year but panicked over spotting and erratic bleeding and then switched back to sequ.

I now regret that- Still waiting for a  bleed - due utro this week and I may just switch back to conti. Was aiming to after a bleed.

I had missed the fact that you can have some spotting and bleeding for up to 3-4 months, after which to consult Gp.

I’m much younger at 45 but I’ve been hurtling into meno for tbe last 7-8 years - had a child in the middle 4.5 yrs ago which really helped but the lovely hormones wore off after a year and the last 3 have been hell!

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2022, 10:01:57 PM »

I'm 62 and intend to stay on long cycle (6 week) sequi forever. I think there's a slightly greater risk of endometrial cancer but I get fatigue on utro so prefer it this way. There used to be an age limit for hrt but if you look at the NICE guidelines there is now no age restriction.

patti

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2022, 05:11:22 PM »

Hi Sheila
I originally started at 57 on a continuous routine- but after 12 months continually spotting - my gp changed me to sequi - at least I knew when I would have a bleed 😄and this has worked well for the past few years apart from needing ferritin tabs for low iron - however, when restarting a couple of months ago after my operation , I really wanted to do hrt without a bleed , but it was exactly the same as when I first started - so back to the sequi

- I am interested to read you do a long cycle - how does that work ??

As for the increased risk , I have suffered with micro breast cysts for years , even before hrt - I am also coeliac - I think the protection from hrt is worth it 😀

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2022, 09:28:55 PM »

If you want to be bleed free a mirena is your best bet though you could try 200mg utro continuously. I take 200mg x 12 days utro per 6 week cycle instead of 4. Should really be done with the agreement/knowledge of your gp but I've always had a 6 week cycle so just continued with it (once I worked out a 4 week hrt just wasn't going to work for me)

patti

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2022, 10:46:46 AM »

Hi Sheila I didn’t think they gave you mirena coil @62 ?

I only take 1x pump gel and 100mg for 12 days and I manage to control all the vile symptoms and get a 5  day bleed with that regime .

I could ask about a mirena coil 🤔