Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Bit of an Update  (Read 1026 times)

Kathleen

Bit of an Update
« on: November 28, 2022, 12:39:08 PM »

Hello ladies.

I thought I would post a brief update on my  quest to lower my Sandrena gel to keep my tender breasts and heavy bleeding at bay. I was also hoping that at my age a lower dose of Oestrogen would be sufficient for my needs.

About eighteen months ago I was using three 1 mg sachets of Sandrena daily. From January this year I moved to two and a half sachets and all the above symptoms resolved.  At the end of March I reduced to two sachets and at the end of June I reduced again to one and a half. At the beginning of July I was down to one sachet and at the beginning of September I was experimenting with half a sachet only, this lasted until the beginning of November when I reduced again to a quarter of a sachet.  Throughout this time I have also been using Cyclogest pessaries for my progesterone.

For all of November I have been using only about a quarter of a sachet and during this time I have noticed various Meno symptoms returning, namely night sweats and more disturbed sleep, mild flushes and sweating, headaches, a tiny bit of muscle soreness and the beginnings of VA ( it's not only the dryness but also I start to feel my episiotomy scar from thirty three years ago).
Throughout this whole experiment my moods have been up and down along with episodes of the jitters and tearfulness. Disappointedly no HRT seems to have evened out the mood swings.
Having had a miserable day yesterday ( though a very good one last Thursday - go figure lol) I have decided this morning to increase to half a sachet this morning and see how things go from there.

Apologies for the long winded post but the information may be of interest to some ladies and the time line might provide some useful information.

Wishing you all well ladies and take care.

K.

discogirl

Re: Bit of an Update
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 12:50:08 PM »

hi kathleen

thanks for letting us know how your getting on.

it will be interesting to see what hapoens to your symptoms now youve increased the sandrena a bit.

there really is no rbyme or reason to any of this is there.

i suppose no matter where you are in this menopause journey we all need what we need to rebalance our hormones.

its also a very individual thing, what one woman needs another may not.

thanks for the update and take care x

Marchlove

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2022, 02:22:16 PM »

Hi Kathleen

Thank you for the update on your brave quest to find stability.

Just a thought, I believe you take your Cyclogest every other day and I’m wondering it this may be having an adverse effect as it’s possible the constant progesterone withdrawal might be having an effect on your mood.

Although in theory it is a good idea to have a break so the receptors don’t turn off. I take one day a week off my progesterone cream and the day I do I feel great but when I reintroduce it the following day, I feel awful for 2 days. So I’ve decided to have one day off a fortnight instead.

I believe you can cut the Cyclogest in half which would give you a daily 50mg dosage. This might be worth a trial perhaps.

MX

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2022, 12:11:49 PM »

Hello ladies and thank you for taking the time to reply.

Discogirl -I agree that there doesn't seem to be any logical reason for all these changes but something must be causing all this upheaval. For example I have been extremely tearful this morning but about half an hour ago all the horrible feelings seemed to drain away and I feel better now. What happened and why? Trying to work it out is a nightmare!

Marchlove - You make an interesting point about Cyclogest and I might try using it every night. The only difficulty is that I have a small supply and apparently there is a general shortage at the moment. It is prescribed to me by Newson Health and they could only get hold of 400mcg pessaries which I have to cut into quarters. A bit fiddly to say the least lol. I had requested four packets but they could only send one. I must say though that I like the product and I am happy to use it more frequently if necessary.

Thanks again ladies for your comments and I wish you both well..

K.