Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Feeling so fed up..  (Read 725 times)

purplebee

Feeling so fed up..
« on: November 21, 2022, 04:28:00 PM »

have been very slowly been upping my dose of Evorel Conti from roughly 3/4 to a full patch on 10th October, it made my boobs really sore and increased my aches and pains.. I have been having bits of breakthrough spotting red/brown combo ..  yesterday I was fed up with it so I started to cut my patch down again,so really messing with my hormones..today I am having a full on bleed complete with period pains  .. you'd think after all these years of being on Evorel I would know better.. anyone else been through this?..

Flossieteacake

Re: Feeling so fed up..
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2022, 05:21:26 PM »

I have not tried this type of HRT but just wanted to tell you that I am so sorry you are feeling so low. Figuring out HRT is such a nightmare. You are not alone.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2022, 05:22:42 PM »

Sometimes the body reacts, mayB drop the dose by a small amount several times this week?  A complete dose may simply B too much at once.

purplebee

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2022, 05:35:14 PM »

Hi CKLD,
I think I cut too much off my patch yesterday (I measure the amount i cut off by the dots along the bottom of the patch) so yesterday I cut off '2 dots' which took me from the full patch down to 10 dots..  which I think was maybe too much judging by the period I have today! My goodness this is a sensitive minefield sometimes. I have been on HRT for over 18 years I am 72 now and when I was 65 my GP practically ordered me off HRT..  I went cold turkey and suffered all the same symptoms. I saw a more supportive GP at my Surgery and he put me back on Evorel.I was never quite the same again and have tried half a patch and upping and downing it very slowly but this time I think I may have overdone it. Sorry for the moan but I do feel awful today.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2022, 05:49:48 PM »

U moan.  Feeling awful reminds me how I was during my menstruating years  >:(  ::).  Do U keep a diary to chart progress?  Some find it useful.

purplebee

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2022, 06:02:10 PM »

I have kept a diary of sorts.. kept the dates I have upped or downed my patch., usually there will be a bleed.. I feel that half is not quite enough to stop the night sweats and the full patch is too much, so somewhere in between. I have also been suffering with very dry eyes they feel like there is sand in them in the  morning, so this was another reason I upped my dose. I think I will stick at the 10 dots now and see how I go for a few months.  Tyhank you so much for your time.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2022, 06:57:10 PM »

My eyes and ears are dry and itchy.

Let us know how you get on?

discogirl

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2022, 07:00:13 PM »

I have kept a diary of sorts.. kept the dates I have upped or downed my patch., usually there will be a bleed.. I feel that half is not quite enough to stop the night sweats and the full patch is too much, so somewhere in between. I have also been suffering with very dry eyes they feel like there is sand in them in the  morning, so this was another reason I upped my dose. I think I will stick at the 10 dots now and see how I go for a few months.  Tyhank you so much for your time.

hi purplebee

i have just read your posts and just wantrd to say i hope you get sorted xxx

purplebee

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2022, 07:27:19 PM »

Thank you Discogirl.. I appreciate it!  :)