Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Post menopausal bleeding again  (Read 1844 times)

Clittle

Post menopausal bleeding again
« on: November 27, 2022, 10:19:55 PM »

Hi all, I'm post menopausal and I had a period 3 months ago and was sent for a vaginal ultrasound and all was good just a little cyst on ovary so nothing to worry about, had the CA125 blood test which was fine, then 10 days ago started another period and doctor has sent me on 2 week pathway for a Cystoscopy, feeling a little anxious now and getting fed up with it all.

Taz2

Re: Post menopausal bleeding again
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2022, 11:12:37 PM »

Hi. Do you mean a hysteroscopy which is the womb rather than a cystoscopy which is the bladder? Are you on any HRT as this can occasionally cause odd bleeding.

Taz x

Clittle

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2022, 01:30:54 PM »

Yes Taz a Hysteroscopy, I am on Hrt and have been for 2 years I take Utrogestan 1 tablet and 2 sprays of Estradiol each night and it's been going OK until a while ago now.

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2022, 02:54:16 PM »

How long were you without a bleed before you started hrt? Does it feel like a period? Although the nhs use 12 months without a bleed to define meno they err on the side of caution and there are women who have genuine period(s) again after more than 12 months.

Clittle

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2022, 03:07:47 PM »

My periods were all over the place for about 2 years then no bleed for about 18 months now been on HRT for nearly 2 years.

KarineT

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2022, 10:51:11 PM »

Hi everyone,

The problem with HRT is that you have no control and can't tell whether you've reached the menopause or not. I wasn't aware that periods could come back after 12 months without a bleed but that wouldn't be the case after 2 years or more.    So if you know you haven't had a natural period for 2 years or more then the bleed you've experienced can't be a period.

Because I've never been on HRT, I knew when I reached the menopause.  That was in January 2020.  It's been nearly 3 years now and I haven't had a bleed since. If I was to bleed now I would definitely know that it's not a period because there is no way they can come back after such a long time without and, of course, I would rule HRT out. But I would be worried nonetheless.

Karine
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 12:59:34 PM by KarineT »

Clittle

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2022, 09:38:30 AM »

It turns out after all the scans etc that everything is fine.

Limpy

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2022, 06:49:44 PM »

It turns out after all the scans etc that everything is fine.

Excellent news Clittle!