Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Upped patch to 100 and feel dreadful  (Read 1080 times)

Nas

Upped patch to 100 and feel dreadful
« on: November 20, 2022, 12:07:36 PM »

Well I’ve upped the patch from 75 to 100. I did this yesterday after over 2years on the 75 and feeling that I’m not getting much relief from symptoms.

I feel dreadful. Headache, period pain, jittery, more irritable. I seriously want to come off HRT altogether but my bladder needs it.

Anyone else had to this ?
I’ve ripped the patch off because I have much to do today and can’t do things  when feeling so ill.

Kathleen

Re: Upped patch to 100 and feel dreadful
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2022, 12:31:03 PM »

Hello Nas

I am sorry that I don't have the answers for you but you have my sympathy.

I expect that you have tried everything to help  yourself and I hope that you find a successful regime very soon.

Take care and sending hugs.

K.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2022, 12:34:34 PM »

I really am sorry you have had this reaction. When I try and reduce my patch my VA flares too. It is hard to know what to do for the best.

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2022, 12:37:58 PM »

Hi Nas

Sorry you are struggling - I’ve started patches and have noticed the jitters on change over day.

No answers other than I can emphasise with the side effects of the patches. 

Try and be kind to yourself xx

Nas

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2022, 12:58:37 PM »

Thanks all.
Thinking carefully what to do next. This roller coaster has been going on long enough now! ( 4 years!) ☹️

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2022, 01:04:28 PM »

Thanks all.
Thinking carefully what to do next. This roller coaster has been going on long enough now! ( 4 years!) ☹️

I know and it is so unfair. It is like we are just left to figure it out ourselves.

Katherine

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2022, 01:34:40 PM »

Hi Nas, sorry you’re feeling unwell, I hope you manage to figure it out, sending you hugs. Have you tried oestrogel ? I use it and you can adjust your dose on the day depending on how you feel. I add a pump in the days up to my period when I need more energy. X

Gnatty

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2022, 03:13:48 PM »

I think those symptoms are very common when you increase oestrogen. Generally if you are heading in the right direction tho they will be short lived. So if you felt up to it you could try sticking it out for a few days and see if it settles down. Or if it's too much to cope with try going up first to maybe 87.5? I know that's not easy as it would involving cutting bits off!

Nas

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2022, 04:41:22 PM »

Yes Gnatty, I had thought of cutting a bit off. Always a bit skeptical of doing that as you aren’t left with a nice shaped patch.

Might go back to the 75 for now and re think it all.

God it’s hard work!

Clarella

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2022, 04:11:05 PM »

I struggled from 50 to 75 so asked for 25 patches to cut in half so I could go from 75 to 87.5 and then after a number of weeks try 100.

Could you try this?

purplebee

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2022, 04:44:06 PM »

Ive been messing around with my Evorel Conti patch and am now paying the price in a very heavy period. I've been on it for years and upped it to the full patch from just over 3/4's to a full patch 6 weeks ago, it made me feel worse so I have cut it back and amnow flooding.. ahh  the joys of meno.. I hope you sort things out soon!