Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hello, I’m new!  (Read 927 times)

Ava1977

• First Flush
Hello, I’m new!
« on: November 15, 2022, 05:21:20 PM »

Hello! I’m new to the forum.

I’m 45, perimenopausal and started hrt over 18 months ago when my flushes, brain fog and aching joints were just too much!

I’m on Everol sequi (ev 50 then conti), after a few tweaks it’s been amazing, always had the regular bleed when I changed to conti patch on week 4 then…Sunday I had period type pain and a bleed out of the blue! My bleeds are usually quite light and my last bleed was only a week ago. Today, Tuesday it’s been lighter but I don’t know what to do. Is this a lack of progesterone? I’m really happy with patches but obviously concerned.

Any advice would be really welcomed

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Hello, I’m new!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2022, 06:19:35 PM »

Hiya.

Welcome to the forum.   :welcomemm:

Someone will come along soon to offer advice I’m sure.
All I can think of is that it’s your own hormones kicking in too.
Being in peri, you will be up and down.
But I’m sure one of the lovely ladies on here will be on soon. ( think it’s been missed because it’s not on the new members thread) but don’t worry.

Jd xx

VanillaLover

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2022, 08:47:54 AM »

Hello,

Yes I would agree it’s possibly your own hormones having a blast. I am on a cyclical regime and it’s never made any difference to my bleeds….they come regardless of what stage in the HRT cycle I’m  on!

What were your periods doing before you started the HRT?

Ava1977

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2022, 05:44:59 PM »

Ah thanks ladies, my periods were always regular as I was on the pill for years. When I started Everol sequi my bleed has always been the third week. After 18 months it’s really frustrating and worrying as again, always regular, but I am a worrier! Will ring docs tmrw as I’ve had terrible aches/cramps again today with a tiny bleed.

Petra

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2022, 03:56:52 AM »

I'm not sure if this applies, so take with a grain (or truckload) of salt, because you are so young, and others will likely know more, but could there be issues with the endometrium such that a scan to check that (internal, with the infernal wand) is in order?

I had some unexpected bleeding quite a few years ago, but that was post-menopausal...and it turned out the endometrium was too thick (needed an ablation). Like I said, since you're peri, this is probably irrelevant, and I hope I'm not making things worse by posting. :-\

Ava1977

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2022, 09:15:30 AM »

No thank you! Today I woke up with no blood just v dark brown spots and pain the left-hand side of my stomach/groin. GP ringing me back at 2pm, hoping they can send me for a scan. Does anyone know about progesterone? Would a lack of this cause a breakthrough bleed?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2022, 09:32:43 AM »

I suspect it's your own hormones joining in.  Fresh blood followed by brown staining was 'normal' for me through out my menstruating years.  Let us know what the GP suggests.  What does it suggest in the leaflet in the box of HRT?

Ava1977

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2022, 05:13:17 PM »

Hello ladies, I spoke with my GP last night and she got me in to feel my stomach. I had to do a urine sample which showed I have a UTI so been given 3 days of antibiotics. She said the breakthrough bleed doesn’t concern her at the moment as it’s the first time it happened, she’s referring me for an ultrasound but that will take a few weeks, I can’t bear the stress and the constant cramping  :'(. Also GP didn’t really know if my Everol sequi should be tweaked when I said some symptoms are creeping bk like joint pain in knees  :(.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2022, 07:31:20 PM »

I hope the UTI goes soon. They are so painful. Are you using anything for VA? That will help too. As your GP is not knowledgeable about HRT can she refer you to a menopause clinic? You can have phone appointments if you are not close by.