Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan waiting for bleed  (Read 589 times)

Harebell

Utrogestan waiting for bleed
« on: December 29, 2022, 11:51:36 PM »

Hi all

I have recently switched from evorel sequi to evorel 50 patch plus utrogestan 200 for 14 days. I am now on day 11 of utrogestan and have not had a bleed yet.

Any experiences similar?

Thanks
harebell

Taz2

Re: Utrogestan waiting for bleed
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2022, 09:40:06 AM »

Hi Harebell. When did your bleed occur while on Evorel? It is usually a few days after you stop the progesterone element.

Taz x

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2022, 11:16:09 AM »

If it's an hrt induced bleed it should come 2-3 days after you stop taking utrogeston. If you have a strong cycle of your own it will usually override the hrt cycle.

Harebell

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2022, 01:47:26 PM »

Thanks for your replies.

I’m 57 so I don’t have any cycle of my own. My bleed was always dying the second week of evorel conti ie before I started again  on the oestrogen only patch.

Just to make it worse I have an awful bug and can’t stop sneezing with terrible sinus pressure. 😟

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2022, 03:32:53 PM »

How long had you been without periods before starting HRT? Sorry about the sinuses.  There are soo many bugs around.

Taz x

Harebell

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2022, 10:26:23 PM »

Hi Taz

I started off on elleste and then femeston when I was 52 I think. Was having irregular periods then.  What a nightmare that was looking back.

But I  didn’t get on with tablets. Been on evorel sequi for a few years but hated the progesterone. So I’m now trying utrogestan. Seems ok so far except no bleed yet. Maybe it will happen soon. Suppose I’m adjusting to another type of progesterone.

Thanks for replying. It does help to talk about it.

Harebell x