Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Felt Wired  (Read 2688 times)

discogirl

Re: Felt Wired
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2022, 12:30:32 PM »

Hi disco girl, assuming it was definitely the increase in gel that made you feel wired, if it was me I would ask myself which feeling is worse, feeling like I need a bit more gel, or the wired feeling and hen adjust the gel accordingly, or not. I would rather feel low on energy than wired but everyone is different. My gp seems to go by the principle of taking as much gel as you need and topping up during the day with a pump if necessary while not exceeding the max dose of course. I’m glad you like the gel though, I knew you would  :)

Hi Katherine,

Yes it's trial and error really isn't it.

I will stick at 2 1/2 pumps (don't want to change and upset my body again) and see how it goes and if after a couple of weeks I still get the wired feeling then I will drop down to 2 pumps. I'm just interested to see what my sleep pattern does, as it's that, that I'm really wanting to improve. On the plus side anxiety is better xx

discogirl

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2022, 12:33:14 PM »

Disco girl - I’ve had the tired but wired feeling from increasing the gel before.  I think it’s a sign that your body is accepting and adjusting to the new dose.

It definitely settles given time, so try and take it gently until it does.

Im doing the opposite to you, going from gel to patches. Hopefully we can both see some improvements soon.

Take care x

Hi MIS71MUM

Yes you're right, I think it is my body adjusting.

Problem is because I'm on 2 1/2 pumps the half isn't always a half sometimes more, sometimes less, but given the small amount I wouldn't have thought that would make that much difference and I don't want to go up to 3 pumps just yet as I feel it would be too quickly. I really have tried to take my time, as much as my lack of sleep would want me to do the opposite!!!

good luck with the patches xxx

Katherine

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2022, 01:05:40 PM »

Hi discogirl, glad that your anxiety has improved and that you’ve settled on a plan you’re happy with. Fingers crossed for your sleep xxx

discogirl

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2022, 03:38:35 PM »

thanks so much katherine.

how are you doing xx

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2022, 10:35:02 AM »

Hi Discogirl

How are you feeling? I’ve read some of your previous posts and you sound much like me! Definitely with swapping patches in the middle of the night!

Just wondered how long you’d stuck to each dose of gel before increasing?

I’d just love to feel calm and content, and maybe upbeat just once in a while…..

Katherine

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2022, 01:36:52 PM »

Hi discogirl, I’m alright thanks, I’m in my good part of my cycle so been feeling ok and been trying to get loads done while I can. How are you feeling? X

discogirl

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2022, 03:21:53 PM »

Hi Discogirl

How are you feeling? I’ve read some of your previous posts and you sound much like me! Definitely with swapping patches in the middle of the night!

Just wondered how long you’d stuck to each dose of gel before increasing?

I’d just love to feel calm and content, and maybe upbeat just once in a while…..

Hi MIS71MUM

I don't thiink I ever really absorbed the patches properly and to be honest  much prefer the gel.

I'm currently on 2 full pumps of gel and a little blob; I like the gel and I feel I'm absorbing it.

However, it's early days yet so time will tell..

How are you getting on xxx

discogirl

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2022, 03:22:41 PM »

Hi discogirl, I’m alright thanks, I’m in my good part of my cycle so been feeling ok and been trying to get loads done while I can. How are you feeling? X

Hi Katherine

Not bad thank you.

I'm glad your in the good part of your cycle; is it the progesterone that you makes you feel down xx

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2022, 03:53:17 PM »

At the moment I feel like I’m getting the side effects of the patch but not any benefits!!

Feeling weepy, low mood with lack of appetite!

To me that means low oestrogen but I feel I spend so much time 2nd guessing my hormones!

discogirl

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2022, 06:08:15 PM »

At the moment I feel like I’m getting the side effects of the patch but not any benefits!!

Feeling weepy, low mood with lack of appetite!

To me that means low oestrogen but I feel I spend so much time 2nd guessing my hormones!

hi MIS71MUM

im sorry your not feeling good  however as you're in peri i think your own hormones may be complicating things.

how long have you been on the patch

it is hard second guessing all this.

all things must pass though x

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2022, 11:23:50 AM »

Hi Discogirl

Thank you for your reply.  I’m embarrassed to say that I’m only on my 2nd patch!!

I have noticed that I miss applying my gel at night, as I’m not sure I sleep as well with patches.

Yes I think you are right, my hormones are all over the place at the moment!

discogirl

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2022, 03:48:16 PM »

Hi Discogirl

Thank you for your reply.  I’m embarrassed to say that I’m only on my 2nd patch!!

I have noticed that I miss applying my gel at night, as I’m not sure I sleep as well with patches.

Yes I think you are right, my hormones are all over the place at the moment!

i think one thing ive learned is that things need time to settle.

the patches didnt work for me but lots and lots of ladies love them.

keep in touch we will get through this xxx
Pages: 1 [2]