Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Switching from Gel to Patches!  (Read 769 times)

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
Switching from Gel to Patches!
« on: November 16, 2022, 05:53:18 PM »

I think it’s time for me to accept that I need to move away from oestrogel!

Maybe I’ve wrapped myself up in the Amber, green and 17b issue, which I do still think that has played a part! Or maybe my body has changed! But since the shortages earlier this year, I’ve not managed to keep on an even keel.

Like many other posters say, I do feel my body absorbs the gel quickly so it runs out later in the day and I don’t ever feel like I’ve got a good reserve built up in my body So maybe patches may work better for me.

When you’ve had a bad run of a few days though, it leaves you frightened to try anything else!

If anyone has had any luck moving this way, please share !!

discogirl

Re: Switching from Gel to Patches!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2022, 05:56:04 PM »

I think it’s time for me to accept that I need to move away from oestrogel!

Maybe I’ve wrapped myself up in the Amber, green and 17b issue, which I do still think that has played a part! Or maybe my body has changed! But since the shortages earlier this year, I’ve not managed to keep on an even keel.

Like many other posters say, I do feel my body absorbs the gel quickly so it runs out later in the day and I don’t ever feel like I’ve got a good reserve built up in my body So maybe patches may work better for me.

When you’ve had a bad run of a few days though, it leaves you frightened to try anything else!

If anyone has had any luck moving this way, please share !!

Hi MIS71MUM

I'm sorry to jump in, I don't have the answer to your post, however I just wanted to say that I know a few ladies who've had a few years on a certain type of hrt need to try something else.

How long have you been on the gel?

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2022, 06:22:10 PM »

Thank you both for your replies.

I’d been on the gel for over 6 years, and didn’t have a problem with it until earlier this year. Had even dropped down a pump in the evening too.

I suspect I’m progesterone intolerant too!!

Yes I agree that increasing the doseage of gel is not always the answer too.

I plan to start patches tomorrow - 75mg. Was on those years ago at that doseage and I seem to remember it being okay.

Mollydolly - nice to hear that you’ve switched this way too. I know many do it the other way!!

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2022, 05:45:08 PM »

Well I’ve applied my first patch today, started on 75mg.

Felt quite nervous in my body, jittery, freezing cold, tired, nausea and now flat! So I’ll see how things go over the course of the 3/4 days to see which day I felt better.

I know how I felt today was side effects but just can’t tell whether this is a good start or not!! I suppose I expected to be back in the room and not my head!!!

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2022, 07:11:12 PM »

I am sorry to hear you have had this reaction. Hopefully once your body is used to this new regime you will feel well again. It can take time to get used to a new HRT. Make sure you wrap up and take thing gently.