Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Bathroom fitments  (Read 2469 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Bathroom fitments
« on: November 16, 2022, 01:13:53 PM »

How often do people change their loo seats or indeed, the whole toilet?  I keep ours as clean as possible however: the seats need removing to be put into a deep tank of Domestos then washed thoroughly.   Not messy in particular  :-\

Basin taps - the new ones here remain in the box  ::)

Carpets?  Our lounge one has been down for years and our bedroom one a lot longer than that.

Ju Ju

Re: Bathroom fitments
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2022, 02:12:35 PM »

We had the toilet room and bathroom refitted about 14 years ago. Both toilets are stained in the bowl and the seats have gone yellow underneath. They both have a ring of limescale at the water lever. We have very hard water here. I’m fussy and clean regularly. I would love to replace. The carpets may look clean, but they have been down years. I did have a carpet cleaner, but I simply can’t use it as it is exhausting. My daughter has got it now. I’m trying to persuade DH into installing wood or laminate flooring. He wants to move! That’s another story! If we stay then we need to throw money at the house!

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2022, 02:24:30 PM »

I'm slowly clearing the dining room ready for the fitters to measure for wood effect flooring ........

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2022, 02:50:36 PM »

Yet we're all still alive  ;D nowadays they tell you NOT to even hang washing on the line because of "the germs" load of twoddle  ;D

Aprilflower

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2022, 03:55:49 PM »

We had the toilet room and bathroom refitted about 14 years ago. Both toilets are stained in the bowl and the seats have gone yellow underneath. They both have a ring of limescale at the water lever. We have very hard water here. I’m fussy and clean regularly. I would love to replace. The carpets may look clean, but they have been down years. I did have a carpet cleaner, but I simply can’t use it as it is exhausting. My daughter has got it now. I’m trying to persuade DH into installing wood or laminate flooring. He wants to move! That’s another story! If we stay then we need to throw money at the house!

We were in the same situation.  Decided to move as the easiest option but still stressful.  However, now have a quality new build that suits us perfectly.  Should last us until they cart us off.😂

holidaylover

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2022, 04:32:01 PM »

I love my carpets, they hide a multitude of sins!!  I have wooden floors too and the dust rolls around like tumbleweed  !!!!!!!  ;D  I cean my toilets and seats everyday and I have developed a bit of an obsession with Zaflora and all it's many scents.  I like the Christmassy ones!  I get quite excited if a new one comes out.  I have to be in the mood for cleaning and I sometimes watch people clean their houses on You Tube and that usually gets my bum off the chair.  It's quite motivating really in an odd way.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2022, 04:34:22 PM »

'Zaflora' - that's a name from the past though I did C bottles in Waitrose last week  ::)

At least one gets exercise when chasing dust bunnies with our Sharks   :whist:

jaypo

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2022, 04:59:16 PM »

Oh I LOVE zoflora too,just washed the kitchen floor and bathroom tiles with it today,you all must have inspired me  ;D

getting_old

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2022, 07:34:45 PM »

We have wood floors, well fake wood actually, and I hate them. They were installed by the previous owners and are definitely (truly awful) style over substance. Cold, and as holidaylover says the dust rolls around with a vengeance. They also mark when stuff gets dropped, but that's probably because they're really poor quality. We could replace them but I'd rather just not worry about what happens to them, and save the money to move.

Also we wanted to replace a toilet seat but when OH went to replace it he discovered the seat couldn't be removed, so the only option was to replace the whole thing  :o

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2022, 08:18:33 PM »

So did he: replace the whole throne? 

jaypo

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2022, 08:19:51 PM »

We're so lucky in this house,it's solid wood flooring,I love it,still get balls of fluff rolling about on it though  ;D

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2022, 08:32:05 PM »

My toilets a new one, and now on new toilets you can actually take the seat off for cleaning and pop it back on. No big screws at the back anymore. I personally don’t know how to remove it, OH does it.  ;D
After having wooden floors, and now carpets again, don’t think I’d go back to wooden floors. I can’t stand the dust collection in the corners. Drove me mad. Think I have slight OCD issues, as my OH likes to tell me, ;D  EVERYTIME he sits on the bed, I’m smoothing it out afterwards. It drives HIM mad!
Same with the settee cushions, they have to be in the corners, I can’t leave them if they’re not in their place. 🤷🏼‍♀️ ;D

jaypo

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2022, 09:14:59 PM »

If I didn't have dogs I'd have carpets I think,but I'd they come in with muddy paws it's so easy to clean the floors

getting_old

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2022, 11:09:08 PM »

So did he: replace the whole throne?

Not yet!! It's the downstairs loo that's barely used so I'm hoping we'll move before he gets to that item on the tasklist!

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2022, 09:35:57 AM »

Our cloakroom has a single wall into the garage and is always chilly even when the heating is on  >:( so doesn't get used often  ::)