Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Progesterone intolerance  (Read 1558 times)

Yoga13

• First Flush
Progesterone intolerance
« on: November 16, 2022, 09:33:05 AM »

Hi, I’m new to this group so I’m not sure if I’m posting in the right place??

I’ve just started HRT and am really struggling with the progesterone. My anxiety is dreadful and my brain fog is crazy. I’ve been reading about progesterone sensitivity disorder and I think that I might have this!

I spoke to my doctor yesterday and she was lovely and halved my dose so that I am taking 100mg everyday instead of 200mg for 2 weeks. However this isn’t helping as I’m still waking each morning feeling awful. She did say that I could stop taking it completely but continue with the oestrogen for a month while they try to sort out getting the Mirena coil fitted.

My question is: if the mirena coil still releases progesterone then will I still get these dreadful symptoms? I’m really worried as I can’t function like this. I’m actually off work at the moment due to the anxiety and I just can’t think straight 🙈 Thanks for any help it’s gratefully received xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Progesterone intolerance
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2022, 09:55:33 AM »

The body doesn't get where it is suddenly to halving the dose won't kick in yet.  Many women have intolerance to Progesterone HRT - at least your GP recognises that there are other regimes which may help.

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.  Many find that the Mirena coil suits them better.  Let us know how you get on.

Yoga13

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2022, 10:49:58 AM »

Thank you so much for responding. I’ll let you know how I get on with stopping the progesterone and then going on the mirena coil. I’m hoping over the next few days my moods will settle and my anxiety reduce 🤞

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2022, 11:08:40 AM »

Hello Yoga13 and welcome to the forum. As you have tried one progesterone this does not mean you are intolerant. There are quite a few others to try yet. I hope you get on with the mirena and this stops the horrid side effects you had on ultrogestan.

Betsy123

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2023, 03:37:51 PM »

Hi, just read the posts and wondered if you resolved your issue with progesterone.  I too have suffered with incredible anxiety, worse on wake and wondered if it was the utragestran. Tried it vaginally but bleed heavily this way. I wonder if the oestragon needs upping to tolerate. Did you find any solutions? I would love to know as totally get how awful the feeling is.