Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hrt dose? Progesterone & migraines - I hope you can help!  (Read 1090 times)

Mrsau

• First Flush
Hrt dose? Progesterone & migraines - I hope you can help!
« on: November 15, 2022, 05:49:55 PM »

Hello everyone I’m brand new here so hope this is ok to ask - I’m hoping someone has had a similar issue that had some pointers!
After years of many of the classic symptoms - terrible brain fog, awful low self esteem, anxiety, rage, migraines (never had these before), bloating etc (though only a couple of hot sweats) I went on to evorel Conti patches and utrogestan which worked great for a while then symptoms returned so GP changed to oestrogel (2 then 3 pumps). More bloating and then horrendous vomiting migraines so GP said come off all immediately.

New Dr said utrogestan possibly causing some probs so did 25 patch and lutigest which was ok but migraines continued. She said that many patients need up to 100 to get rid of migraines. I’m currently on 75 estradot every 3 days (this was raised very slowly) but migraines continuing as is bloating, anxiety, feeling of overwhelming etc. Dr said perhaps it’s the progesterone that’s the issue and that I should consider progesterone every day as I think symptoms worse in the lead up to taking the progesterone so the hormone ups and downs may be an issue. She noted that this does raise the risk of breast cancer which obvs is a worry.

Basically - I’ve been on 75 estradot for about 6 weeks but all in all not much has changed and I’ve just had a migraine for 3 days which is horrible. Has anyone used lutigest progesterone every day and has it helped? I’m a bit concerned that my symptoms are creeping back even on a higher oestrogen. Dr was very wishy washy about what will help and of course I do know everyone is different but I feel very lost and feeling not great all the time. I’m 53.
So I hope someone has some kind words of support because I’m all very lost and don’t know what to do for the best.  ☹️
Thank you xx

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Hrt dose? Progesterone & migraines - I hope you can help!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2022, 05:35:48 PM »

Hiya.

I’m sure someone will post soon.
I’ve bumped your post up for you.
Xx

Flossieteacake

Re: Hrt dose? Progesterone & migraines - I hope you can help!
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2022, 06:14:03 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum. Migraines are awful and I am sorry you are having them so often. I am wondering if your migraines are not related to HRT as you have had them before starting HRT. Have you been prescribed any migraine medication and has this helped? I am sure a knowledgeable member will be able to advice you about the progesterone side.

How sad your GP has been so dismissive. If you ask to be referred to a menopause clinic then they will be more helpful for you then your GP.

Menopause can feel so lonely so it is great you have found us. You will find much support on here. :)