Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Work and Menopause  (Read 652 times)

lisa06031510

Work and Menopause
« on: November 19, 2022, 05:28:26 PM »

Hi All,

How is everyone coping with work and menopause.

I have been ok but today I got sent something through for me to do tonight and my brain just won't take it in... I've said someone will have to explain it to me when I get in.. and I know I look stupid because it's something I've done before but for some reason my brain won't allow me to accept it.
I am just about to increase my HRT in hope that helps with my memory issues but now I have anxiety about going to work

Marchlove

Re: Work and Menopause
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2022, 09:02:43 PM »

Hi Lisa

This is a very normal response with menopause and certainly can be quite distressing.

Please don’t feel guilty about it, as it’s not your fault at all, in fact I think you should not routinely  be sent work things on a weekend and perhaps this is something you could mention next week.

You are not a failure, just menopausal and I’m sure if you explain this in whatever way you feel able, this will help establish a better work/life balance.

M xxx

Nas

Re: Work and Menopause
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2022, 09:43:07 PM »

Awful. I’m a TA in a busy special school and am constantly exhausted through lack of sleep and endless tasks. I’ve upped my patch to 100, but don’t hold much hope! Menopause and work are not conducive when you are symptomatic ( in my view!) Unless of course you have a cushy working from home job!!

It’s hard going and I empathise greatly x